Jump to content

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

That’s exactly what I think

oooooor..or...or--He comes in here and blows up the entire roster and divides the lockerroom of impressionable 21-24 year olds while punching a space heater on the sidelines when Baker only targets him 3 times. Might be slightly pessimistic, but I feel like this roster/team is teetering on the edge of finally becoming respectable and building something sustainable for the long term and the last thing I want to do is throw a wild card into the mix. 

I think OBJ is right for another team, I just dont think that team is the Browns. Same way I didnt want Dez. I would be much more comfortable signing a guy like Rishard Mathews for super cheap and is easily cuttable if his actions get in the way.

 

Edited by AkronsWitness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

oooooor..or...or--He comes in here and blows up the entire roster and divides the lockerroom of impressionable 21-24 year olds while punching a space heater on the sidelines when Baker only targets him 3 times. Might be slightly pessimistic, but I feel like this roster/team is teetering on the edge of finally becoming respectable and building something sustainable for the long term and the last thing I want to do is throw a wild card into the mix. 

I think OBJ is right for another team, I just dont think that team is the Browns. Same way I didnt want Dez. I would be much more comfortable signing a guy like Rishard Mathews for super cheap and is easily cuttable if his actions get in the way.

 

Firstly, let me just say I cannot see a deal of this magnitude happening for a number of reasons.

Secondly, I respect your admittance of pessimism, but I can confidently say that it isn't warranted. 

Let's break it down and get to the root of the problem. OBJ spoke out about Eli not throwing the ball more than 20 yards downfield. Do you think Baker would have issues throwing downfield? He's extremely frustrated due to a combination of three things:

1.) Eli is playing in full-on crappy Eli mode

2.) NYG O-line is one of the worst in the league, thus accentuating Eli's crappiness

3.) NYG isn't winning and oftentimes, it ain't close.

I can say with certainty that these three things would not be an issue in Cleveland.

Not to mention the negative light in which the media absolutely LOVES to portray him. He expresses his emotions in a clear manner. You know who else does that? Baker Mayfield. That doesn't mean he's hated by teammates or splitting apart this roster. All of the Giants have a clear affection for their teammate.

If he came to the Browns, I'd be lying if I said I could guarantee there wouldn't be any emotional outbursts from time to time. But I'd be damn sure said outbursts wouldn't be a detriment to this team. That's true, genuine passion. And, in the words of OBJ's former teammate, that's "contagious, bro. contagious."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MistaBohmbastic I respect that and see where your coming from, however that is a lot of 'ifs' and projections because we really dont know. At the end of the day its still a gamble where the FO needs to decide if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Plus, no chance this happens. They just signed him to a 400billion dollar contract like 2 months ago. Im no financial cap guru, but I dont know how that trade would even work. Basically Im thinking its a big enough contract that will hinder us from patching more holes next season with more quality vets like Mitchell, Gaines, Randall, ect.....and Im not in favor of not being able of addressing other positions because a massive part of your cap is tied up into a guy who touches the ball 5x per game.

His contract in addition to the unknown of his character meshing with the team to me is not worth it.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

@MistaBohmbastic I respect that and see where your coming from, however that is a lot of 'ifs' and projections because we really dont know. At the end of the day its still a gamble where the FO needs to decide if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Plus, no chance this happens. They just signed him to a 400billion dollar contract like 2 months ago. Im no financial cap guru, but I dont know how that trade would even work. Basically Im thinking its a big enough contract that will hinder us from patching more holes next season with more quality vets like Mitchell, Gaines, Randall, ect.....and Im not in favor of not being able of addressing other positions because a massive part of your cap is tied up into a guy who touches the ball 5x per game.

 

He's making like19 mil/yr roughly. Which would still leave us with around 30 mil in cap space, give or take. It's a hit, forsure. But it won't lock us up for the future entirely. If it actually could happen, I'd pull the trigger, because I'm confident that his relationships and admiration for the guys on this roster would make this a far better environment for him.

A true #1 WR is exactly what this offense is missing.

But, as you said, there's no way this happens. I wholeheartedly agree with that.

Edited by MistaBohmbastic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

He's making like19 mil/yr roughly. Which would still leave us with around 30 mil in cap space, give or take. It's a hit, forsure. But it won't lock us up for the future entirely. If it actually could happen, I'd pull the trigger, because I'm confident that his relationships and admiration for the guys on this roster would make this a far better environment for him.

A true #1 WR is exactly what this offense is missing.

But, as you said, there's no way this happens. I wholeheartedly agree with that.

Yeah the Giants would have to free up $30 million from their roster just to stay under the cap after getting rid of him. If they cut everyone who could save them money this year and replace them with players making the league minimum they would still be several million over the cap. It may only cost them $20 million to trade him but the point remains, there is no way they can trade him this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obj was an idiot to sign the contract if he wants out nearly immediately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

OBJ is about to demand a trade. I’m not giving away a first for him but I would give them a 2nd and a mid round pick or a guy like Ogbah

Edit to add. We can afford to pay big money to two WR’s as we don’t have to pay our QB big money for a long time and the cap keeps going up

He can demand all he wants but Ny isnt taking that massive cap hit and paying him all that guaranteed right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking a cheap flier on a super talented guy like Josh Gordon to really complete this offense would be awesome and could be exactly what we need. Oh wait.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, braylon said:

Taking a cheap flier on a super talented guy like Josh Gordon to really complete this offense would be awesome and could be exactly what we need. Oh wait.......

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bc098fd705156576f

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bc098fd705156576f

You want a hatier gif than that. Feel the hate, let it flow through you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, buno67 said:

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bc098fd705156576f

You've always hated Josh, huh? Am I remembering right? Not saying he didn't deserve the frustration that many Browns fans felt, but I just wasn't one of them. My posts dwindled over the years, but I was as big of a Josh fan that existed on this board. We stuck with him through all of this and NOW trade him?! I'm having trouble getting over it. Outside of kicker, #1 WR is the biggest hole on this roster. We traded one of the best for a 5th round pick. It kills me. If Baker started from week 1 Josh would still be a Brown and that kills me too. By the end of the year Josh will have reclaimed his elite status in the eyes of the masses and this trade will look incredibly bad. Can't wait to watch him tear it up for the Patriots in the freaking Super Bowl......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm down to go big or go home. If we make a trade, I want it to be for a very good player, not a middling talent with concerns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we traded Gordon and didn't sign Dez I very much doubt we trade for Odell. Can't imagine Dorsey is thrilled with diva WRs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would trade Duke Johnson in a heartbeat. I know it will tick some fans off but the reality of it is we don't even use him. Nick Chubb is going to get his carries moving forward and Carlos Hyde is playing above everyone's expectations. Most NFL teams value RBs who can catch out of the backfield and lineup at WR. I think there would be some real interest and real value if we put him on the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I would trade Duke Johnson in a heartbeat. I know it will tick some fans off but the reality of it is we don't even use him. Nick Chubb is going to get his carries moving forward and Carlos Hyde is playing above everyone's expectations. Most NFL teams value RBs who can catch out of the backfield and lineup at WR. I think there would be some real interest and real value if we put him on the market.

What for though, I'd consider a 2nd. Also depth can be very important come weeks 11 onwards and for our playoff run.

For me it would have to be a 2nd and something else. We dont have anyone to replace dukes skill set.

Rb

Slot

3rd down back. 

If we lost Landry I'd be pissed not having Duke.

Haley hasn't done well incorporating Duke or chubb. He is making out like hyde is bell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×