Trades?

cattleman78

38 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I would trade Duke Johnson in a heartbeat. I know it will tick some fans off but the reality of it is we don't even use him. Nick Chubb is going to get his carries moving forward and Carlos Hyde is playing above everyone's expectations. Most NFL teams value RBs who can catch out of the backfield and lineup at WR. I think there would be some real interest and real value if we put him on the market.

No way. We probably couldnt get more than a 6th for him. He’s being massively underutilized by this staff but hopefully not by the next. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No way. We probably couldnt get more than a 6th for him. He’s being massively underutilized by this staff but hopefully not by the next. 

BINGO!

But I think this is masking the current power struggle in Berea. Hue correctly keeps saying that we need to get Duke more involved, get him more touches. And yet those statements seen to be falling on Todd Haley's deaf ears.

6 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

BINGO!

But I think this is masking the current power struggle in Berea. Hue correctly keeps saying that we need to get Duke more involved, get him more touches. And yet those statements seen to be falling on Todd Haley's deaf ears.

It's a long season. I'm thinking the plan is to continue using Hyde as the workhorse for a few more weeks, then they start giving more touches to Chubb and Duke as the season rolls on to not only exploit an unseen gameplan, but they'll also be more fresh. At that point, Hyde will likely be used more as a short yardage back.

I'm thinking a trade for Charger's Tyrell Williams - 6'4", 205, 25 years old, plays well when he gets a chance but with Chargers weapons, he doesn't see the field that much. This year, 13 catches on 19 targets, for 192 yards, 14.8 avg and a TD.  Wouldn't cost that much to acquire, another tall target for Baker.  

8 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

It's a long season. I'm thinking the plan is to continue using Hyde as the workhorse for a few more weeks, then they start giving more touches to Chubb and Duke as the season rolls on to not only exploit an unseen gameplan, but they'll also be more fresh. At that point, Hyde will likely be used more as a short yardage back.

I agree with this.  I think there will be weeks when Duke is a big part of the game plan.

I would be freaking out about Duke a bit more if we didn't have other things that were working.  Honestly, the lack of Duke has been as much Baker as Haley at times.  I've seen a handful of times when Duke was open underneath but Baker went downfield.  There will be times when that isn't the case.  Not really worried about it.

22 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

BINGO!

It’s weird how Hue has no control of his own team. 

4 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I would trade Duke Johnson in a heartbeat. I know it will tick some fans off but the reality of it is we don't even use him. Nick Chubb is going to get his carries moving forward and Carlos Hyde is playing above everyone's expectations. Most NFL teams value RBs who can catch out of the backfield and lineup at WR. I think there would be some real interest and real value if we put him on the market.

I agree with this. Dude isn’t the present or the future. Trade him for a solild pick or a player at a position of need

I don’t get the trade duke mentality.  Guys get hurt and for the first time prolly ever we have 3 capable running backs.

Now all of a sudden we should trade one (who can double as a competent slot receiver too mind you)?

Why?  We have plenty of money, no use trading talent at this point iyam.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t get the trade duke mentality.  Guys get hurt and for the first time prolly ever we have 3 capable running backs.

Now all of a sudden we should trade one (who can double as a competent slot receiver too mind you)?

Why?  We have plenty of money, no use trading talent at this point iyam.

Do you think we could get a third rounder for Hyde?

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Do you think we could get a third rounder for Hyde?

apparently a couple things

1. haley likes hyde cause he is the best blocker and he values that esp when theres a rookie qb
2. we'll see more of duke at wr

i dont think we'll necessarily see more force feeding of chubb's development, rather a natural progression and he'll likely be the starter next year

On 10/12/2018 at 2:17 PM, pnies20 said:

He’ll get more touches this week. He’s pretty fragile.

i dont think so.  i think he's pretty tough actually.  he comes off the field but always seems to go back on and never miss any games.  he's also certainly really tough to take down

Archived