Trades?

cattleman78

12 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We need to promote ratley and demote Callaway. 

I wouldn't, he wont get any better on the sidelines, he is green I know but he is the only one who can get separation. A lot of the deep incompletions aren't on him, overthrows where he needs to put a little more air under it

10 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Garrett is constantly held and it isn’t being called. Coley is not doing anything on the inside. They pretty much double team or chip Garrett and oginjobi. Put one man on coley and ogbah and that gets the job done.  That’s why he isn’t getting sacksThat and our cover 2 sucked today.

I'll contend the lack of sacks were coverage related, everything changed when Mitchell got hurt, we were all over the QB when he went out

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Our cover 2 has sucked all year. Cover 2 is the model t Ford of coverages, it was great at the time but out dated now. 

Product of Mitchell being out, doesn't trust those other guys in man, also part of the cover 2 issue is that the corner has to get hands on the receiver and not let the receiver get a free release, when you do this, you give the safety a chance to get over the top. 

28 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

What’s it going to take to get cooper? A 1st seems a bit much. That’s elite player compensation. He’s a notch below. So maybe a 2nd and 4th and maybe we get back a 5th

Not an elite player, just an elite name from an elite school, no more than a 4th imo

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not an elite player, just an elite name from an elite school, no more than a 4th imo

Good QB's rip apart zone defenses. No great QB can't rip apart a zone. It's a bad defensive scheme when you run it almost exclusively. It is helpful against inexperienced QB's and is sometimes necessary against stud WR's, but to run it exclusively is ridiculous and unnecessary.

About Cooper not being elite....I agree, but he's still much better than a 4th round pick right now. I'd consider giving up a 2nd if ours wasn't predicted to be so early. A 3rd and a 5th sounds about right.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Good QB's rip apart zone defenses. No great QB can't rip apart a zone. It's a bad defensive scheme when you run it almost exclusively. It is helpful against inexperienced QB's and is sometimes necessary against stud WR's, but to run it exclusively is ridiculous and unnecessary.

About Cooper not being elite....I agree, but he's still much better than a 4th round pick right now. I'd consider giving up a 2nd if ours wasn't predicted to be so early. A 3rd and a 5th sounds about right.

Part of the reason I said 4th because we would be inheriting a hefty contract as well.

Some Texans fans think JaDeveon Clowney might be on the trade block for a 3rd.

Here my my ideal off-season:

#10-#20 range: BPA at DT, ILB, CB.   (DT Simmons, DT Wilkins, DT Lawrence, ILB White, CB Greedy Williams, CB DeAndre Baker...)

2nd-Marquise Brown WR Oklahoma

3rd-(Traded away for DE JaDeveon Clowney)

4th-(Traded away for WR Amari Cooper)

5th-(Traded away for WR Amari Cooper)

6th-BPA CB

7th-BPA K

22 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Some Texans fans think JaDeveon Clowney might be on the trade block for a 3rd.

Here my my ideal off-season:

#10-#20 range: BPA at DT, ILB, CB.   (DT Simmons, DT Wilkins, DT Lawrence, ILB White, CB Greedy Williams, CB DeAndre Baker...)

2nd-Marquise Brown WR Oklahoma

3rd-(Traded away for DE JaDeveon Clowney)

4th-(Traded away for WR Amari Cooper)

5th-(Traded away for WR Amari Cooper)

6th-BPA CB

7th-BPA K

Some Texans fans are on drugs 

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Clowney is tough, he seems to want paid, but he’s not that good.

And it’s not like he’s getting a ton of attention when Watt is healthy.

We have plenty of money to give and not even notice it. Especially once Collins corpse is off our books. He’s very good. Not a top 3 pass rusher but he’s towards the top. Garrett needs a partner. 

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We have plenty of money to give and not even notice it. Especially once Collins corpse is off our books. He’s very good. Not a top 3 pass rusher but he’s towards the top. Garrett needs a partner. 

If we keep paying guys who aren’t elite as if they are, what do you think out cap will look like?

Word is he’s looking for 9 figures iirc.

Archived