Week 6 GDT - Ravens @ Titans

TitanLegend

Should be a return to the old fashioned, 14-10 type games of years past, as two of the NFL's best defenses match up against one another, with both teams coming off rather embarrassing losses.

When removing special teams TDs, the two defenses have allowed similar points to be scored(77/15.4 ppg for the Ravens, 79/15.8 ppg for the Titans, those would rank #1 and #2 in the NFL). What should be interesting is the intel both teams have on each other, with the Ravens being familiar with Dean Pees' defense, and Pees familiar with the Ravens offense.

Will likely be a game that comes down to ball control. Titans gave it away 3 times to Buffalo, Baltimore gave it away twice to Cleveland and both teams lost the turnover battle overall. For as good as their scoring defenses have been, neither the Titans or Ravens have exactly been impressive in takeaways. Both teams are tied for 17th in the league with just 6 takeaways each, and interesting enough both teams have also given it away 7 times on the year.

Points should be hard to come by for both teams, and while it's cliche and ultimately important each week, there will probably be no other game this year for the Titans where ball security will be as important as it is this Sunday, and I'm counting holding on to catches in to ball security as well. There likely won't be many opportunities to move the ball downfield, so can't drop the passes or fumble the ball when the chances are there.

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Maybe Jonnu finally plays like he's worth a roster spot this week.

I'm not going to hold my breath, but I sure hope so. His development or lack thereof this season has been a real disappointment. TE is going to be a big time need going into the offseason.

11 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Ravens - 38

Titans - 9

Butler gets burned 3 times by Brown. Collins rushes for 150 and 2 scores. Flacco has all day to throw and throws for 350. Offense turns it over 2 times and doesn’t get over 150 yards all day. Rough game

Did you predict a score for Buffalo?

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Ravens - 38

Titans - 9

Butler gets burned 3 times by Brown. Collins rushes for 150 and 2 scores. Flacco has all day to throw and throws for 350. Offense turns it over 2 times and doesn’t get over 150 yards all day. Rough game

Lamar Jackson is gonna score a TD or two in relief too, don't forget that.

Archived