Week 6 GDT - Ravens @ Titans

TitanLegend

16 minutes ago, ShupacTakur said:

I mean, did you happen to catch the product on the field? THAT’S why fans don’t come. 

Put a winner on the field and they will. They did during the McNair/George years and they currently do for the preds. And I mean a real winner, not a red headed stepchild that limps into the playoffs only to get anally raped in the 2nd round when they face a real team. 

Take it out on the fans all you want, but it’s still the garbage *** team we trot out year after year that’s the real culprit. There is no  excitement. There is nothing flashy. There is nothing fun to watch about this team.

Nashville might get a “hick” rap from the national media, but it is not Green Bay or Buffalo or even Pittsburgh. There is actually s*** to do in that town. Nashvillians are not going to flock to a boring *** team that literally no one actually believes is a true winner. 

Yes, let’s act like today was representative of the normal product. Like we haven’t been a damn good home team recently.

And if the argument is that we need to put forth a team that is consistently one of the best in the league in order to not have one of the worst crowds in the league, that only drives home my point.

What a poop sus this was too... There were a couple players who didn't have s horrible game... But everyone else. 

Those 11 sacks were on everyone on the offense... From JRob for falling to address the receiver issue since the offseason... To Lafleur for failing to design a game plan and /or adjust against that defense... To the complete lack of a run game... To the online who couldn't hold blocks to save their lives... To the WRs for failing  to create separation and opportunities... And for Mariota for not trusting himself or the receivers, for not recognizing blitzes, for not rushing to the moment, and for not being rid of the ball. Not all your receivers are going to be wide open all the time. Make a freaking throw, man... Chit!!! 

The defense was unable to generate any pressure... When rushing 4...but also when blitzing. Landry has disappeared since opposing coaches and OL have gotten film on him. Rak looks sooooooooo slow... I know Morgan went down today, but was it on the first snap, cuz I didn't notice him once today . Ryan, Byard probably were the only 2 with "good" games. Evans showed improvement, but still has a ways to go... 

The team looked like it quit. The score was only 21-0, but it felt just as pathetic as 59-0... Just like the Houston game last year. Pathetic through and through... From GM to every unit on the field... 

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

On the flipside, we have 4 division games in the second half of the season. If the team can get it's head out of its "you know what", then the division is there for the taken.

With our WR group and the complete lack of trust that Mariota has in them... 

And with the complete lack of consistent pass rush or DL play (other than Casey)... 

Why? 

How? 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Yes, let’s act like today was representative of the normal product. Like we haven’t been a damn good home team recently.

As someone who lives in TN and has his whole life, I’m just giving some perspective on the actual perception people have towards the Titans. 

We live in the era of fantasy football and offensive fireworks. Beating the Bengals 23-20 and clinching wildcard spots by beating the motherf****** Jacksonville Jaguars 15-10 isn’t going to ignite a city. 

This discussion is basically a microcosm of Lewan’s now-hilarious “respect” comment. We haven’t done jack s***. 

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

With our WR group and the complete lack of trust that Mariota has in them... 

And with the complete lack of consistent pass rush or DL play (other than Casey)... 

Why? 

How? 

This is still the same team that beat Houston, Jacksonville and Philly with various injuries/issues. Just gotta figure out where that went. Whether they will or not, who knows.

Just now, ShupacTakur said:

As someone who lives in TN and has his whole life, I’m just giving some perspective on the actual perception people have towards the Titans. 

We live in the era of fantasy football and offensive fireworks. Beating the Bengals 23-20 and clinching wildcard spots by beating the motherf****** Jacksonville Jaguars 15-10 isn’t going to ignite a city. 

This discussion is basically a microcosm of Lewan’s now-hilarious “respect” comment. We haven’t done jack s***. 

Ah.

First the complaint is "oh, the team doesn't win, why would anybody show up?"

Team goes out and wins 12 of the last 14.

Now the complaint is "Oh, the team doesn't win the way I want them to win, why would anyone show up?"

No. The answer is Nashville doesn't care enough about the NFL/Titans.

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Ah.

First the complaint is "oh, the team doesn't win, why would anybody show up?"

Team goes out and wins 12 of the last 14.

Now the complaint is "Oh, the team doesn't win the way I want them to win, why would anyone show up?"

No. The answer is Nashville doesn't care enough about the NFL/Titans.

Yes. The team being a complete and utter eyesore is the primary reason. 

Sorry to disappoint. 

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

This is still the same team that beat Houston, Jacksonville and Philly with various injuries/issues. Just gotta figure out where that went. Whether they will or not, who knows.

The biggest difference I've noticed is that we out coached those teams we won... 

And we've been out coached since... 

As a brand new HC and a brand new play caller... Have other teams caught on to our tendencies, style, etc. 

Mariota has thrown for over 130 yards just once this season. That's just not gonna get it done in today's NFL. That one game is also the only game he's thrown a TD in. 

Take away that game and Mariota has thrown for 449 yards (112 per game) with 0 tds and 3 ints.

8 minutes ago, ShupacTakur said:

I mean, did you happen to catch the product on the field? THAT’S why fans don’t come. 

Put a winner on the field and they will. They did during the McNair/George years and they currently do for the preds. And I mean a real winner, not a red headed stepchild that limps into the playoffs only to get anally raped in the 2nd round when they face a real team. 

Take it out on the fans all you want, but it’s still the garbage *** team we trot out year after year that’s the real culprit. There is no  excitement. There is nothing flashy. There is nothing fun to watch about this team.

Nashville might get a “hick” rap from the national media, but it is not Green Bay or Buffalo or even Pittsburgh. There is actually s*** to do in that town. Nashvillians are not going to flock to a boring *** team that literally no one actually believes is a true winner. 

I've lived in Nashville most of my life, and I'd say this is pretty spot on.  The town "not being a football town" isn't the problem. The fans aren't the problem. If the team shows that it can consistently win, and we can get some legit playmakers in here the fans will come. Nashville is a lot like LA in the sense that there's so much to do that why would we wanna waste 3 hours at a game when we can go to a bar to watch the game, go to a concert, go to a Preds game who have built a winner and an electrifying atmosphere, etc.  The fans here are loyal to their teams, but it's a loyalty that has to be earned especially now that the city has grown leaps and bounds. Not to mention the battered fan syndrome that has kicked in with the majority of the fan base. We've been perennial losers for a long time now, and it's going to take a lot more than a new coach and a 3-1 start to get the people back in the stadium, and games like today are the exact reason why. Right when you think they've turned the corner, the team goes and breaks your heart again, so all the skeptics say "See? This is exactly why I don't spend my money to go to the games. Same old Titans."

When I take off my Titan colored glasses for a minute, I can see why there's a lack of support. The lack of legit playmakers is a big issue on and off the field from a marketing standpoint. When you actually look at this team, it's an average team talent wise. Who on this team is someone that the average fan is going to say, "I wanna go to the game and see so and so today?" We have a few guys that have a lot of potential to eventually be those Franchise cornerstones like Marcus, Corey Davis, Adoree, Byard, but we have very few guys on this team that right this minute could actually bring excitement to the franchise.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Win 12 of last 14 home games is ****ting the bed every other week?

k

Hope the team moves when the stadium lease is up to a city that can actually appreciate it.

Winning 12 of the last 14 home games is not nearly as big of a deal as you’re trying to make it, I’m afraid. The team is still boring, limited, and has yet to do anything of particular note. 

Im telling you, if this group were to knock off New England and go 11-5 or 12-4, Nashville would be painted in 2-tone blue. 

Cant believe I’m having to argue this crap considering it already happened in the early 2000s when our stadium was widely considered one of the toughest venues in the league (thanks largely to the crowd). 

i mean, the last genuinely exciting player we've had here was CJ2K, and those teams were mediocre. aside from that, there hasn't been much of a reason for the average fan to go to a titans game. we're a middling team in a bad division that has hovered around the playoffs and managed to sneak in last year, but even then the biggest star on the team is mariota and he's....not that good. i feel like if we actually had a dependable star player or two people might start to show up a bit more consistently, but that's mostly speculation.

Archived