Week 6 GDT - Ravens @ Titans

TitanLegend

8 minutes ago, ShupacTakur said:

Winning 12 of the last 14 home games is not nearly as big of a deal as you’re trying to make it, I’m afraid. The team is still boring, limited, and has yet to do anything of particular note. 

Im telling you, if this group were to knock off New England and go 11-5 or 12-4, Nashville would be painted in 2-tone blue. 

Cant believe I’m having to argue this crap considering it already happened in the early 2000s when our stadium was widely considered one of the toughest venues in the league (thanks largely to the crowd). 

Nashville isn't even remotely the same city it was 2000. It's not even remotely the same city it was 5 years ago.

If we're ever going to get people to consistently come to games we're going to have to have a performing offense. 

Our offense was decent in 2016 for an 8 game stretch, and then alright with Chris Johnson for a little bit, and then outside of that they've just been awful. There are no play-makers and there is no consistency for the team.

You want people in the stands? Build an explosive offense. Fans like wins, but barely squeaking out wins with a low scoring offense isn't exciting and most fans in 2018 don't want to pay to watch it.

Most of the people on here are die-hard fans who spend all of their time thinking about football. We are not average fans. Most of us prefer wins, no matter what it takes to get them. Average fans like play-makers, scoring, and guys they can put on their fantasy football roster, and that goes for every city.

The average dude at a stadium isn't getting excited for a 9-6 game and jumping up spilling beer after Kern boots one and going "Oh my god, did you see that ****in' punt!!!" .

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

We may have sucked today but at least our players know how to own it, unlike this ****bird:

He and Odell Beckham are easily two of the best players in football but I dunno if I could stand them even if they were Titans.

God I hate that dude so much, Oof.

23 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

If we're ever going to get people to consistently come to games we're going to have to have a performing offense. 

Our offense was decent in 2016 for an 8 game stretch, and then alright with Chris Johnson for a little bit, and then outside of that they've just been awful. There are no play-makers and there is no consistency for the team.

You want people in the stands? Build an explosive offense. Fans like wins, but barely squeaking out wins with a low scoring offense isn't exciting and most fans in 2018 don't want to pay to watch it.

Most of the people on here are die-hard fans who spend all of their time thinking about football. We are not average fans. Most of us prefer wins, no matter what it takes to get them. Average fans like play-makers, scoring, and guys they can put on their fantasy football roster, and that goes for every city.

They average dude at a stadium isn't getting excited for a 9-6 game and jumping up spilling beer after Kern boots one and going "Oh my god, did you see that ****in' punt!!!" .

exactly. the titans are, and have been in the recent past, a thoroughly, profoundly boring team even when we're winning. that's not gonna put butts in seats.

I like how some act like Nashvilles the only city with things to do. 

Other than a few cities (GB, Buff, etc) most nfl cities are amongst the biggest, most diverse, cultural cities in the US. They all offer many other options outside football. 

Bottom line, Nashville has an attendance issue... And they're not unique with issues (other options, transplants, etc)... 

5 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Other than a few cities (GB, Buff, etc) most nfl cities are amongst the biggest, most diverse, cultural cities in the US. They all offer many other options outside football. 

Bottom line, Nashville has an attendance issue... And they're not unique with issues (other options, transplants, etc)... 

And I’m telling you, put a watchable product in the field and wa-la, our attendance issues likely go poof. 

It would be different if this organization had a couple of super bowl titles to truly tie down commitment and create a legitimate “2nd generation” of fans, but we have none of that, and we haven’t been established long enough to create a “lovable loser” mentality like the Bengals and Lions. 

This frachise and fans are basically in the epitome of “no mans land”. The only comparable franchise really is Carolina, and they still have a relatively recent super bowl appearance to hang their hats on. 

30 minutes ago, ShupacTakur said:

And I’m telling you, put a watchable product in the field and wa-la, our attendance issues likely go poof. 

It would be different if this organization had a couple of super bowl titles to truly tie down commitment and create a legitimate “2nd generation” of fans, but we have none of that, and we haven’t been established long enough to create a “lovable loser” mentality like the Bengals and Lions. 

This frachise and fans are basically in the epitome of “no mans land”. The only comparable franchise really is Carolina, and they still have a relatively recent super bowl appearance to hang their hats on. 

And Cam Newton averaging 273 yards of total offense per game by himself. As someone stated earlier Mariota has eclipsed 130 yards passing once this season. Is our entire team even averaging 273 yards of offense per game?

Win or lose, the average fan isn't paying to watch that.

14 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

We're definitely not unique in that aspect, but most of those other cities that are in similar situations as us have playmakers that people actually want to go see.  You have to give people a reason to want to spend their money to go see the team. Like @TitanSS said the people on this forum aren't the demographic that we're talking about here. We're going to know the team backwards and forwards because we follow the draft and discuss players all year round.  It's the average fan that could either spend his Sunday honky Tonkin with his bros on Broadway, go to a concert, or he could go see a Titans game. What's getting that guy to spend 3 hours at the game?

Something else to remember here too just to add some context is that for years the Predators had really low attendance, there were rumors of the team leaving, people thought hockey wasn't going to work here, and they were basically giving tickets away for nothing. Then suddenly the team added some real talent that started performing. They created an exciting product on the ice which led to an exciting fan atmosphere that people wanted to be a part of. Now, Nashville is considered a hockey town and one of the best hockey towns in the NHL at that.. 

So, I say all that to say, I don't think it's a fan problem here, I really don't. People care about football here too, but our fan base has been battered and bruised for over a decade with disappointment after disappointment.  It all starts with the FO building a team that can lead to an exciting product that people actually want to come watch. The average fans aren't just going to come watch just because Vrabel said to come or because the players on the team think that they deserve national attention. The attendance has to be earned. When we start bringing in and developing some legit playmakers on this team the stadium will be rocking like it was 1999 again. I truly believe that.

2 hours ago, ShupacTakur said:

Winning 12 of the last 14 home games is not nearly as big of a deal as you’re trying to make it, I’m afraid. The team is still boring, limited, and has yet to do anything of particular note. 

Im telling you, if this group were to knock off New England and go 11-5 or 12-4, Nashville would be painted in 2-tone blue. 

Cant believe I’m having to argue this crap considering it already happened in the early 2000s when our stadium was widely considered one of the toughest venues in the league (thanks largely to the crowd). 

Again. This is the last thing that people should be concerned about. 

Like a sold out crowd kept us from converting a first down. Lol 

Why is this the argument being had? Lol are we looking for something to take away from the horrible game that was just played?

Titans are in Nashville. Period. Being also someone that is born and raised in the city, I can say for a fact people want to love this team. 

Regardless of the home record, the team hasn't passed the sniff test the past seasons. Inconsistent play. 

Much like this forum. People don't trust the team. Even when they win, they are looking for the next disappointment. Can't allow themselves to dive in fully. 

Archived