Week 6 GDT: Carolina Panthers at Washington Josh Norman's

Dingo18287

At least the Giants had the potential to threaten us downfield, which is our defenses #1 Achilles heel (has been that way for a couple of seasons now).  I don't see Smith being able to do the same and with Davis back and Reid getting more comfortable in the defense, we should be able to control the middle and underneath portions of the field.  Plus, Smith in 2 career games against us is below 60%, 1/1 TD:INT, and 5.4 Y/A.  We're good against his style of play.  They aren't a good running team either; they rank 22 in YPC, their lead back has a messed up shoulder (and he wasn't that effective against us in his prime), and their only other RB with more than 6 carries is mainly used as a receiver.

My biggest concern would have been the offensive line vs their defensive line, but the former hasn't given me any reason to believe they can't hold up.

If we can establish the run game, and we are the #1 rushing team, and not shoot ourselves in the foot like last week, I don't really see this being much of a game.  We were comfortably ahead of the Giants until they started slinging it downfield, which I don't see the Washington doing.  I'm not saying it will be a blow-out, but I don't see any favorable match-ups for Washington.  

Of course we are the Panthers so I'm sure they will find a way to make it close, but I don't know.  I'm feeling pretty confident.

Getting to 4-1 before a road game against Philly would be huge.  And if we can survive that, our schedule doesn't get that difficult anytime soon: Ravens, Bucs, @ Steelers, @ Lions, Seahawks.  The stretch after that is going to suck though.  We've got 2 road games against the Bucs and Browns, and then we play the Saints-Falcons-Saints (@ Superdome).  So we gotta keep surging.

DJ Moore needs to be benched for the rest of the game.  I like the kid, but come on.  Either stop trying to fight for more yards or learn to hold onto the ball.  Like seriously dude? 

This is 100% like the Bears team where we are just shooting ourselves in the foot.  Moore's 2 fumbles have directly led to 10 points, and we were in their territory on the second one.

ugly game, ugly loss, the next couple weeks will define this team. bad to's by moore, poor overall performance by cam (some bad throws, not mad about the INT, was more or less a punt), poor D got beat by alex smith and old man Peterson. even gano missed a xp. overall a blown game. and now we go to philly

I liked how the coaches spent all offseason saying CMC would get 25+ touches a game and then today he had just 8 carries, with most of those being in the first quarter. CJ Anderson played one snap. Curtis Samuel played three snaps. Chris Manhertz played more snaps over Ian Thomas, including a genius TE bubble screen that went for three yards. There was no hustle at all to get down the field at the end of the game (as usual). I get that we had timeouts but... we didn't even use them. So it was just like any other two minute drill that we totally suck at.

Of course DJ fumbling was awful as well as just letting them run all over us. AP looked like he was young again.

Really wondering if Eric Washington can cut it as a DC. We're getting gashed constantly. Defense just looked miserable outside of a couple sacks, which was nice, though the Slurs were starting a backup on the interior which helped us. We won't be as lucky when we face the defending champs this week. Probably an embarrassing loss that brings us down to 500.

Archived