Jaguars sign OT Ereck Flowers to 1 year deal.

.Buzz

The logical thing is to leave everyone in their spot and just play some inexperienced guy or whoever at LT. You can use TEs/RBs/sliding protections/etc to help out the LT. You don't make 2(or more) positions worse when you can leave it at just one position being worse. Just doesn't make sense, cause then you have to focus on helping two spots instead of one.

With Lewan, Conklin and Kelly out vs the TExans this year, the Titans just put Pamphile at LT and Tyler Marz at RT and went with that. Instead of moving Spain from LG to LT, Pamphile to RT and placing in like Levin at LG. They were able to call plays around the struggling edge blockers(even going against guys like JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilus), but trying to call plays around struggling edge blockers AND having to call plays around a struggling LG too would be asking for more than what is necessary.

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The logical thing is to leave everyone in their spot and just play some inexperienced guy or whoever at LT. You can use TEs/RBs/sliding protections/etc to help out the LT. You don't make 2(or more) positions worse when you can leave it at just one position being worse. Just doesn't make sense, cause then you have to focus on helping two spots instead of one.

With Lewan, Conklin and Kelly out vs the TExans this year, the Titans just put Pamphile at LT and Tyler Marz at RT and went with that. Instead of moving Spain from LG to LT, Pamphile to RT and placing in like Levin at LG. They were able to call plays around the struggling edge blockers(even going against guys like JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilus), but trying to call plays around struggling edge blockers AND having to call plays around a struggling LG too would be asking for more than what is necessary.

we dont have a TE whos really good at blocking but grinnage but your not gonna play him over the 2 vets we have.   the team is definitely looking at the options at LT.   the team has said they are gonna look at potentially cann and linder at LT.  both would be good choices.  linder would actually make an easier swapage as we can plug shatley right in at center and not miss much of a beat at the spot. 

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

But this isn't Madden though. Best 5 doesn't work the same way it does on the DL

they HC seems to think so. 

https://www.jaguars.com/news/doug-marrone-wednesday-october-10-2018

(On if it is a possibility that A.J. Cann or Brandon Linder could move to left tackle) “Yeah. It’s still a possibility. We’ll look at things during the week or we’ll discuss them.”

(On who the starting left tackle is today) “Josh Walker.”

im all for trying options cuz im not sure what a josh walker is but it sounds bad like guy whimper 

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Our starting LT and backup LT are both gone for the year. We are desperate. Hopefully by some miracle he is at least decent.

Yeah.  It's pure desperation.  Nothing more, nothing less really.  Hard to really "like" the team being that desperate, but here we are i guess.  Maybe he'll suddenly not be a massive liability every time he steps on the field...but you can number me among the skeptics.

4 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Our starting LT and backup LT are both gone for the year. We are desperate. Hopefully by some miracle he is at least decent.

I have read about the injuries you have had at OT. Is it so bad that Flowers is actually starting? Where is he lasted to p[lay LT or RT ? I went to the website, he isn't on the depth chart. I can't believe he was signed by another team ,  but some players to turn their careers around. 

Archived