Week 6 - Rams at Broncos

RamRod

I read that Vegas has a prop bet with the Rams and Chiefs on who loses first. Rams are -280 Chiefs +185. I find it odd, but Vegas is completely objective and usually knows more than even the best fans. I think this could be our first loss. Playing in the elevation and snow will be difficult. We luckily have Gurley to feed, but they also will have a solid day running the ball. I truly fear this would be our first loss and I hope I'm very wrong.

42 minutes ago, DistantRam said:

In that case, you’d better get on the phone to Vegas and back the Chiefs at those odds.... if you think they’ll beat the Cheatriots. xD

I thought about it, but historically Chiefs do well in Sept/Oct and Patriots typically drop 1-2 games in this time frame. I really wouldn't be shocked for Chiefs to beat Pats. We are riding very high emotionally from last weeks win and that usually leads to drop off the following week. Again, hope I am wrong.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I read that Vegas has a prop bet with the Rams and Chiefs on who loses first. Rams are -280 Chiefs +185. I find it odd, but Vegas is completely objective and usually knows more than even the best fans. I think this could be our first loss. Playing in the elevation and snow will be difficult. We luckily have Gurley to feed, but they also will have a solid day running the ball. I truly fear this would be our first loss and I hope I'm very wrong.

I think this is a game where our defense will show up. Case throws a lot of risky passes, and Denver's OL isn't that good.

Thinking about picking up Cairo Santos since Lutz is on a bye. Should I be worried there will be snow this game?

Also thinking about getting Zuerlein since he’ll be back soon. So Lutz or Zuerlein rest of season? Definitely thinking GZ. He was routinely dropping like 15+ point games last year.

Has anyone thought about this that last season we know the Rams won a wild TNF game against the Niners then had 10 days to rest up for Dallas on the road. Dallas actually was running wild on the Rams and had a good lead at the half before the Rams stormed back to win. Then they traveled to Jacksonville to play the Jaguars. We knew it was going to be tough against their defense and Fournette who just went crazy against the Steelers the week before and the defense picked off Big Ben 5 times too. The Rams still went into Jacksonville and won.

I look at this season very similarly. Wild TNF game against the Vikings then had 10 days to rest up for the Seahawks on the road. Seattle ran wild on the Rams and while they didnt have a lead at half time, it was back and forth before the Rams stormed back to win in the 4th quarter. Now they are traveling to Denver in what seems to be bad weather. Like I think the Rams will be fine. Denver got ran all over by Hunt two weeks ago and the Jets last week. Its going to be another Gurley game. He hasnt had a 100yd rushing game since Week 3. He hasnt had at least 120yds rushing since Week 16 at Tennessee. Here is a little nugget: Under McVay, Gurley has rushed for at least 100yds in 9 games, 6 of those games were on the road and 1 game was in London which I consider a road game. So McVay likes to feed the beast on the road and Gurley does work on the road. I see that being no different on Sunday at Denver.

39 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think this is a game where our defense will show up. Case throws a lot of risky passes, and Denver's OL isn't that good.

Seahawks O Line is arguably worse and their RB's are worse so I'm not feeling great from a run defense perspective.  And the snow will require both teams to run more. Just got a bad gut feeling on this one is all.

7 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Seahawks O Line is arguably worse and their RB's are worse so I'm not feeling great from a run defense perspective.  And the snow will require both teams to run more. Just got a bad gut feeling on this one is all.

I think there are four factors that distinguish the two:

1. While less talented, the Seahawks OL is absolutely massive. The Broncos don't have that size on the OL.

2. The refs were letting Seattle get away with murder, especially D.J. Fluker.

3. Seattle was gashing us the worst off of read-option type runs where we had to respect Wilson. 

4. Brockers played the worst game of his life imo. I would be surprised if he does that again. Our best run defender was a total liability in that game.

Archived