Week 6 - Rams at Broncos

RamRod

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Idk man. Maybe I am expecting too much from this Rams d. Maybe I am, and that sours the game for me.

there is no way Case should have thrown for over 300. DUDE HIT SOME

BOMBS.

Troy Hill sucks. I don't know why we play him. But yes, you are expecting too much. We're not the 2000 Ravens. We held the Broncos down when it mattered. I don't care if they score a late TD when the game is already basically over. I especially don't care when the refs gift them three terrible calls to get that TD.

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Idk man. Maybe I am expecting too much from this Rams d. Maybe I am, and that sours the game for me.

there is no way Case should have thrown for over 300. DUDE HIT SOME

BOMBS.

I dont care about stats honestly. My theory about defense is holding the opponent to under 21pts. In a passing league, offenses are going to rack up the yards. The way offenses score nowadays, maybe I should say if defenses can hold an opponent under 24pts thats a win lol.

You’re being way too sensitive Jurry. 

Team can be criticized when the last 4 games have been tight. Maybe it’s good for the team to win these close games, to show charecter.

But it’s taken the offense to hit new

levels in every one of our wins. Today was all the run game. I don’t want to seem like be sour guy, because im not.

just stating that this team has way too much talent, to be in a slug fest with a ish Broncos team.

I just want it to be known I did expect a more dominant defense too. The most encouraging thing is we held the Broncos running game in check. That is why the Rams were able to jump out to that 20-3 lead. The Rams offense isnt going to blow leads because they can move the chains and run clock in the 4th quarter like they did this game. I think going to Seattle then going to Denver in back to back weeks and winning is the most impressive thing to me about the Rams. 

5 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Team can be criticized when the last 4 games have been tight. Maybe it’s good for the team to win these close games, to show charecter.

levels in every one of our wins. Today was all the run game. I don’t want to seem like be sour guy, because im not.

just stating that this team has way too much talent, to be in a slug fest with a ish Broncos team.

Of course the team can be criticized. But your criticism today is silly. We gave them the TD in exchange for burning the clock. It was 23-13. The defense did its job today. And they wouldn't have scored the TD if not for those atrocious calls. Plus, they picked on Hill almost exclusively today. Their offense did nothing for most of the game. I'm not upset at the defense today. A meaningless TD late doesn't change the performance. My only big complaint is with playing Troy Hill.

The offense is a different story. McVay should have never passed as much as he did. And he should have involved Gurley more in the passing game. The Broncos LBs aren't good in coverage. We could have run away with this game if we just rode the running game. But Kupp not being out there really hurts us. IMO, he's the most important receiver in our attack.

Reality is that this is the NFL. You're not going to win by 20+ points every week. Getting the win is all that matters.

5 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Games like this helps the Rams. Remember when the Pats went undefeated? They really never got punched in the mouth all season long until they got punched in the mouth in the Superbowl and they didnt know how to handle it. They lost. The Rams have shown they can win every can of way. They can win in shootouts (Vikings game). They can win in dominating fashion (Cardinals game). They can win in tough environments (The Black Hole in Oakland, The 12 in Seattle, and Mile High in Denver). Back to back games where it rained one week and snowed the next. The Rams still overcame all of that. Thats why when talking heads like Stephen A. Smith say if the Rams have to go to Philly or Green Bay or Chicago in playoffs when the weather is bad, he dont think they can win. The Rams are showing they can win in any condition. Nothing is phasing the Rams because they arent afraid of failure. They attack success and thats all that matters. This is a special season. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Goff had a passer rating of over 100 prior to this week when under pressure. The big issue this week was Kupp's absence. He's the go to guy when defenses start to pressure Goff.

That’s concerning if he has to bail out Goff during pressure all the time. Goff has to play better under pressure. That was one knock on him. 

Woods was huge helping him today. 

Im just gonna blame his struggles on the gloves today 

21 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

That’s concerning if he has to bail out Goff during pressure all the time. Goff has to play better under pressure. That was one knock on him. 

Woods was huge helping him today. 

Im just gonna blame his struggles on the gloves today 

That's not concerning. Just about every QB has a WR he counts on to be his go to guy when he needs to get the ball out quickly. Kupp consistently gets quick separation and can be counted on to be where he is supposed to be.

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Goff had a passer rating of over 100 prior to this week when under pressure. The big issue this week was Kupp's absence. He's the go to guy when defenses start to pressure Goff.

Last week without Cooks and Kupp in second half, Goff played well. 

But that kind of game yesterday when the Oline was not clean. We could see Goff not confortable when under true pressure. He has to improve on that and i don't care what he did the last 5 games, he has to improve. 

Archived