Pick your Head Coach for 2019

Texas_OutLaw7

Dallas Cowboys 2019 HC is...  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the Dallas Cowboys HC in 2019?

• Jason Garrett, HC, Dallas
    • Chris Petersen, HC, Washington (CF)
    • Nick Saban, HC, Alabama (CF)
    • Lincoln Riley, HC, Oklahoma (CF)
    • David Shaw, HC, Stanford (CF)
    • Jim Harbaugh, HC, Michigan (CF)
    • Kirby Smart, HC, Georgia (CF)
    • John DeFlippo, OC, Vikings (NFL)
    • Matt Lafleuer, OC, Titians (NFL)
    • Kris Richard, DC*, Cowboys (NFL)
    • Jim Bob Cooter, OC, Lions (NFL)
    • Teryl Austin, DC, Bengals (NFL)
    • Dave Toub, ST, Chiefs (NFL)
    • Jim Schwartz, DC, Eagles (NFL)
    • OTHER (who?!)

I'm not so sure about Riley. The NFL is a different kind of beast to handle. Handling adjusting to players leaving because of contracts, not being able to fire players because of contracts or owners. Where Riley is at right now must be the best job in the world where he is judge, jury and executioner on every decision at the university, a major one at that and can do anything he wants. Plus hes just getting started. 

32 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

How would everyone feel about this coaching staff:

Kris Richards, HC

Kliff Kingsbury, OC

Ken Norton Jr, DC

Is Kingsbury in trouble at TT ? Otherwise, he isn't leaving for OC gig.

A name I forgot about, but think is worth mentioning is Paul Chryst. I remember his name being dropped for OC couple years ago. Get him and maybe he brings OL coach Joe Rudolph with. Two birds with one stone. 

Not to pee any the proverbial Cheerios, but I think we all know that even if Red Ball is fired, it’s highly unlikely that we’re going to get a good coach because of Joan’s incessant meddling. It’s unlikely that any reputable coach will want to come here. So unless that changes, we’re going to get another weak willed puppet who Joan can control. 

35 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Not to pee any the proverbial Cheerios, but I think we all know that even if Red Ball is fired, it’s highly unlikely that we’re going to get a good coach because of Joan’s incessant meddling. It’s unlikely that any reputable coach will want to come here. So unless that changes, we’re going to get another weak willed puppet who Joan can control. 

Was having this conversation yesterday with a friend... if you knew the next head coach would be Del Rio or Fox, would you still be antsy to get rid of Garrett?

20 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Was having this conversation yesterday with a friend... if you knew the next head coach would be Del Rio or Fox, would you still be antsy to get rid of Garrett?

Excellent point. Fox is a lateral move. Del Rio is an upgrade, but likely a small one. Neither would excite me all that much, and I’d doubt that either would make a significant enough contribution to really matter.

I'm way more concerned about SJ's role than JJ's moving forward. IMO, Jerry more sound board and it's SJ that pulls the strings. That's not to say Jerry couldn't pull rank though. 

As far as the next HC, I think it's a big name/splash hire personally. 

Archived