Game Day Thread: Rams @ Broncos

champ11

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Granted the QB sucks but 3 points at home against a struggling defense is horrible. 

I want a young, forward-thinking offensive mind as our next head coach. This offense looks prehistoric at times. 

Rick Dennison!

Chubb looks pretty good, yeah Goff kind of walked into that sack but he’s been around the QB all game.

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

That move had to be made and they need to stick with Kelly moving forward.  Keenum is terrible.  Kelly might be as well, but we need to find out before the 2019 draft.  I’ve started watching prospects and it would be HUGE for this franchise if Kelly shows enough to be the QBOTF.  This draft is so loaded at every unit this team needs. Loaded in the trenches both offensively and defensively, as well as 2 top CBS in Baker and Williams.  Not having to use a top 10 pick on a QB would be incredible for the future of this franchise.  

Williams in the 1st with one of the leftover stud DLs in early Round 2 would be awesome. 

13 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Everyone on Offense Sans Lindsay and Freeman should be shown the door.

I think Hamilton and Sutton should stay...there is your offensive nucleus for the next 10 years with Lindsay and Freeman....the rest of the pieces need help.

6 minutes ago, germ-x said:

That move had to be made and they need to stick with Kelly moving forward.  Keenum is terrible.  Kelly might be as well, but we need to find out before the 2019 draft.  I’ve started watching prospects and it would be HUGE for this franchise if Kelly shows enough to be the QBOTF.  This draft is so loaded at every unit this team needs. Loaded in the trenches both offensively and defensively, as well as 2 top CBS in Baker and Williams.  Not having to use a top 10 pick on a QB would be incredible for the future of this franchise.  

As much as I pounded the table for DEN to take Rosen 1.5, I am 100 percent in agreement with this take.  We're not likely going to be able to get Herbert without paying a mint - and IMO Herbert isn't even as good as the top 3 guys last year.   And like you said, we have elite, All-pro ceiling talent in the top 10 with DE/EDGE/CB's, and much better T's than in the past 4-5 years (we would have had 3 top 15 talents had injuries not robbed us of the top guy Trey Adams).   

If Kelly is the guy, Elway got plain lucky (as you don't target Cousins at 25M+ a year or target Darnold if you think Kelly really has much of a shot) - but I will take lucky and run with it.  It would make so much of a difference to our rebuild...we need the talent upgrade in the trenches and at CB.  We're getting killed there.

1 minute ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I think Hamilton and Sutton should stay...there is your offensive nucleus for the next 10 years with Lindsay and Freeman....the rest of the pieces need help.

In terms of the starters, I was referencing. I agree. Any of the other starters should be handed a pink slip.

9 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

He was being evaluated for a concussion so I guess that makes sense. He's been cleared.

Fair play to the Defense for knuckling down, but they will give up when they realise this Offense just can't get us back in the game. Repeat of last year.

Even if he doesnt have a concussion, and they go ahead and say he does??

On a related note, our pass D is getting better results - but to be honest, the WR's and TE's are getting open, Goff's small hands might be contributing to him being off in ball placement.  We've had more pass rush today (and yes, Chubb/Von get cred here), but frankly, Goff's missed 3-4 guys the last 2 drives on 2nd/3rd down that led to the punts.  

The cold does affect ball grip with guys with small hands.  That could be it...or he might just too close to Keenum right now not to catch Keenum-itis too.

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Well I don’t wish any Bad on anyone but if Case takes another big shot maybe it’s time for Chad to come in...

Would it be too outrageous if Garcia let Suh get by for a roughing the passer sack that takes Keenum out of his misery?

Archived