Game Day Thread: Rams @ Broncos

champ11

Denver gave it a hell of an effort.  Much like the KC game.  This team just has a knack for showing they can compete with the best in the NFL, but realistically can’t. 

Keenum played much better 2nd half, but I am still in the camp that he needs to be benched for Kelly.

The run defense blows my mind.  This is a team that should be at least borderline average vs the run, but it’s 2 weeks in a row they’ve looked pitiful.

Finally the pass rush showed up after 3 weeks of poor play.  The pass rush is the only thing that kept us in this game, Goff was off balance for the majority of the contest. 

8 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

If we lose in Arizona on Thursday then VJ should get his books on Friday and we give it Kubiak until the end of the season. 

Kubiak, who left coaching for health reasons, does not need to become a bad team's babysitter for 9 games. I don't know why people keep bringing this up. 

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

You have all week to work on the run game and still give up 200 plus yards .

Keenum is making 18 million and is marginally better than Siemian make the change.

I mean the run game is the easy part to plan for against McVay, they were mostly just completely outmanned up front. 

This was actually a good showing for Vance as a defensive guy in my mind. Shouldn't give pause to any long term thinking, but I was impressed just as I was with Woods against KC. 

4 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Denver gave it a hell of an effort.  Much like the KC game.  This team just has a knack for showing they can compete with the best in the NFL, but realistically can’t. 

Keenum played much better 2nd half, but I am still in the camp that he needs to be benched for Kelly.

The run defense blows my mind.  This is a team that should be at least borderline average vs the run, but it’s 2 weeks in a row they’ve looked pitiful.

Finally the pass rush showed up after 3 weeks of poor play.  The pass rush is the only thing that kept us in this game, Goff was off balance for the majority of the contest. 

LAR is actually a very vulnerable pass D without Talib and with Peters hurting.  They don't generate any outside pass rush - except when they face a team with no T play...like us.  25th in pass rush - until they got to face us today.   Our T's made the EDGES look great (like in NYJ).

Make no mistake, LAR just let DEN march down the field in exchange for burning the clock that last drive.  It inflates the stats in a huuuuuuuge way.    So yeah, it's a mirage.  The missed open receivers, late reads, and awful decisions, yeah, they were all there.   LAR wouldn't have let up on us to kick the final FG if we weren't down 7 (so FG making it 2-score game), but make no mistake, even a league-average QB would have had us in a tie-game, or at least a 3-point game (instead of being down 7 points).

On the D front, really tip my cap to the pass rush, they came to play.  And the secondary played better (but still got beat a lot, Goff wasn't his usual self today, the pass rush & cold certainly influenced that).   Our run D, though.  Man, it's bad.

The problem is losing by 3 to the undefeated Rams, it's not enough to get VJ fired...or Keenum benched.   We need both to be able to build to the future.  It makes the @ARI ThuNF game a must-lose (yes, I'm going there - the take we should always root for a W is absurd, if it keeps the status quo.  The status quo cannot be preserved).    

Archived