Report: Giants players are getting frustrated with Eli Manning's performance

DigInBoys

Since we are basically doing a complete rebuild, trade Carr to the Giants for a 1st and 2nd.  Carr with those weapons would be fun to watch.  He is really good at checkdowns so Barkley would get a ton of receptions.  Then the Giants would just need to invest in their Oline(and defense).

5 minutes ago, daineraider said:

Since we are basically doing a complete rebuild, trade Carr to the Giants for a 1st and 2nd.  Carr with those weapons would be fun to watch.  He is really good at checkdowns so Barkley would get a ton of receptions.  Then the Giants would just need to invest in their Oline(and defense).

tbh. I'm not giving that much for Carr -if- I can grab Herbert or (maybe) Montez.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

tbh. I'm not giving that much for Carr -if- I can grab Herbert or (maybe) Montez.

I only put the 2nd because he is a QB.  We get hosed on trades so if they decide to move on from Carr it would cost less.  Not sure the Giants wouldn’t be better off just drafting their own guy though.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Eli probably will go to the hall for winning multiple super bowls. But he'll have to wait IMO.

In all seriousness, Eli's the type guy who should be in a Ken Stabler position and wait for 15+ years. He'll probably go in the first year there isn't QB competition.

“All you have to do is watch him,” one NFL executive said. “Don’t think about what his name is. Just watch him. Don’t make excuses. It’s blatant and obvious.”

“They made a mistake in the direction they chose,” an executive with an NFC team said at the time. He viewed it as the football equivalent of Pat Riley building the Miami Heat around Dwyane Wade right now.

“He is toast,” former NFL offensive lineman and current ESPN analyst Damien Woody said recently.

He later added: “When you talk about Eli Manning and that Giants offense, he needs the perfect storm. He needs everything, the environment, perfect. He needs the protection to be perfect. He has the weapons. He has the running back. He has all those things. But that is not the nature of the National Football League. There are going to be times when you need to make plays off-platform, off-schedule. That is what the really good quarterbacks do.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/57758/the-erosion-of-eli-the-giant-problem-with-the-franchise-qb

Archived