Report: Giants players are getting frustrated with Eli Manning's performance

DigInBoys

2 hours ago, daineraider said:

Since we are basically doing a complete rebuild, trade Carr to the Giants for a 1st and 2nd.  Carr with those weapons would be fun to watch.  He is really good at checkdowns so Barkley would get a ton of receptions.  Then the Giants would just need to invest in their Oline(and defense).

This.  I would love to see Derek Carr on the Giants.  They've given Eli a ton of tools to work with and even made Nate Solder the highest paid tackle in NFL history, but of course he's washed at this point. But if they get 1 more lineman in the off-season, it will be a perfect situation for Carr to step into since he can throw dimes when he has a line to protect him

Watching Eli is sad, but come on any objective observer should see that:

A) his offensive line is garbage, and

B) There is nothing doing with that scheme to help him out. I'm not seeing Eli blatantly miss open receivers, he's throwing to covered guys and having to rush because of his protection.

They should be looking to replace their play caller, OL coach and Eli in that order and then draft a better OL next year.

Just now, Ryan_W said:

people are excited for Barkley. I don't think that was a mistake.

maybe they can get a retread that's languishing as a backup somewhere @ cheap, and they'll have a Case Keenum year

just seems like such a backwards way to build. 
Use all his freshest years giving him no help, then maybe get a qb and line in place by the time he gets a new contract and has gotten used a ton for 5 years.

It could work at some point, but the window is small.

I love saquon but it wasn't the smartest way to build...especially with a lot of offers on the table for trades for #2 pick.
You saw tonight, having a stud RB doesn't move the needle very much on their own.

4 hours ago, Ryan_W said:

people are excited for Barkley. I don't think that was a mistake.

maybe they can get a retread that's languishing as a backup somewhere @ cheap, and they'll have a Case Keenum year

Barkley is a very good player, one of the best RB in the league already but really not as valuable as a franchise QB, without a doubt.

On 10/12/2018 at 3:10 AM, kramxel said:

That whole offense is dodgy, so replacing him won't just do it.

But they do need to do something substantial.

They have a top 5 WR in OBJ. Sterling Shepherd and Evan Engram are good complimentary pieces. They've drafted Barkley to get him a run game. They signed Nate Solder and drafted Hernandez to address their chronic OL issues. NYG have made a lot of investments around him. He's a big reason the offense is "dodgy"; Eli's completely and utter lack of mobility and crumbling under the slightest hint of pressure makes the line look bad.

7 hours ago, daineraider said:

I only put the 2nd because he is a QB.  We get hosed on trades so if they decide to move on from Carr it would cost less.  Not sure the Giants wouldn’t be better off just drafting their own guy though.

Grunden might trade Carr straight up for Eli for all we know. He need more veteran leadership 

Archived