Report: Giants players are getting frustrated with Eli Manning's performance

DigInBoys

I know Eli has been terrible but the 2017 draft was a good one for the Giants. All the players knew it was a ride or die with Eli kind of season. You got a RB stud in round 1 and a mauler in round 2. Lord knows they needed OL help. Short of trading for another QB what were they gonna do for the position? 

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

To be honest, I think with the turnstiles they have on the OL, it's had to put this season completely on the fault of Eli. The Giants simply aren't a good team offensively or defensively outside of two outstanding skill players in OBJ and Barkley.

Eli has been lackluster the last three years now though.

52 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Eli has been lackluster the last three years now though.

To be fair, so has their entire offense in the same ways that Nacho mentioned. At some point, a QB needs more than no OL, no run game  (until this year) and 1 good receiver (who was hurt all last year) to be successful.

That’s not to say Eli has played well or that he’d be good with some more pieces, but you’d be hard pressed to find many QBs who would do well with no help.

10 hours ago, daineraider said:

Since we are basically doing a complete rebuild, trade Carr to the Giants for a 1st and 2nd.  Carr with those weapons would be fun to watch.  He is really good at checkdowns so Barkley would get a ton of receptions.  Then the Giants would just need to invest in their Oline(and defense).

I like that actually for both teams.  With Carr's struggles not sure what he's worth but well done on the trade idea.  Works well for both teams.

Archived