Report: Giants players are getting frustrated with Eli Manning's performance

DigInBoys

I have watched some Giants game this year and it bothers me so much how great Odell Beckham Jr. is and Eli Manning can't get him the ball.  There have been so many times where Odell has been wide open deep down the field and Eli will either overthrow him by 25 yards or won't even see him.  The Giants have entirely too many weapons for Eli Manning to be this dreadful.

Just continue to have a horrible season and draft a QB with your high draft pick.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

At the time of the draft, if you would have told me that Darnold would be inconsistent his rookie year, I wouldn't have been remotely surprised. But he has shown many glimpses as to why many considered him to be the best QB in the draft. Rosen has shown lots of promise too, despite being on an absolute garbage Arizona Cardinals team.

But yeah, enjoy having a very good running back. Because we know that's far more important than having a franchise QB. Good thing next year's QB class is looking really strong... oh, wait.

Hopefully Lauletta is the real deal for the Giants' sake.

You do realize it takes more than a 1-year turnaround to develop into a playoff caliber team, right? The Giants didn't go into last offseason at 3-13 and expect to be Superbowl contenders the next season. They just hired a new GM and HC. This is a process that takes time. And if that means opting for the better prospect and passing on a more valued and impactful position at #2 overall, so be it. This isn't a race.

There are quality QB prospects in this upcoming draft that could potentially be better than Darnold or Rosen in the long run. The top 10 teams projected to pick top 10 next draft all have a quarterback. The Giants will have their pick of the litter baring a trade. They will be fine. 

20 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I totally get it. Both of our teams were able to convince themselves they could win now, and it just didn't work out. The Barkley/Darnold thing with you guys is kind of the same deal as the Chubb/Rosen thing with the Broncos and those decisions are going to be evaluated for the next decade. Good luck in the upcoming tank-off, nobody needs a young QB like our teams. 

May the worst team... win?

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Giants fans look away.

DpUXiD_W0AAcNdJ.jpg:large

It started with him having an uncharacteristically tough time throwing outside the numbers in 2016, but that was overlooked because we were winning. It's funny how when we think of a QB getting old and regressing, we assume it is in the form of obvious physical signs- weakened arm, shoddy footwork, slower, etc. While Eli is slow, he has always been slow. However, his arm strength is still fine. It is his pocket presence, inaccuracy, and inability to go through reads and see open receivers that has done him in. That last part is the most important. Odell has come out and said it and even Shurmur was angry on the sideline on a few plays yelling to Eli "just throw it!". Guys are getting open, Eli just isn't seeing them. It's a huge issue. He'd rather dump the ball off.

27 minutes ago, showtime said:

I have watched some Giants game this year and it bothers me so much how great Odell Beckham Jr. is and Eli Manning can't get him the ball.  There have been so many times where Odell has been wide open deep down the field and Eli will either overthrow him by 25 yards or won't even see him.  The Giants have entirely too many weapons for Eli Manning to be this dreadful.

Just continue to have a horrible season and draft a QB with your high draft pick.

I just feel for Giants fans, because last year was the year to draft a QB. There were 3 players that already seem to have great shot to be a franchise level QB. This year's draft may have one QB prospect at that level.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

People try to cherry pick and lay blame on one thing, but all of these are true:

-Eli is very bad, easily the worst he's ever been and very possibly the worst QB in the NFL this year

-Eli wasn't always bad; a 2011 Eli has this offense operating on a different level

-The OL is better than last year, but barely. They are, like Eli, also very bad. Although I'd say they are in the 25-30 range rather than 30-32 like Eli

-Barkley is an absolute stud and was the right pick. The only reason people can say he was a bad pick is because we didn't take a QB, which is kind of moot if we (likely) get our pick of them next year. 

Bad OL and bad Eli are contributing to a very bad offense. It isn't one or the other. Odell is a little crazy, but he is hardly the reason we are losing games. Get Justin Herbert, a RG, and a RT in here and the offense does a 180. This was always going to be a multi-year rebuild. There is no way Gettleman thought it wouldn't be.

What if you guys don't end up with the #1 pick, and are forced to trade up to #1 and outbid other QB needy teams? Will it still have been worth it in your eyes to go Saquon over QB and delay the rebuild? Genuinely curious.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

What if you guys don't end up with the #1 pick, and are forced to trade up to #1 and outbid other QB needy teams? Will it still have been worth it in your eyes to go Saquon over QB and delay the rebuild? Genuinely curious.

You do what you have to to get your guy. If our guy was in the last draft, we would have taken him. Yes, I think it will definitely be worth it. Doing whatever you need to to get your franchise QB is always worth it.

You also have to consider who the other QB needy teams are. You could factor in the Patriots, Steelers, Chargers as teams that may need a QB, but those teams actually look good and their QB can still play at a high level. The Saints have Brees and Bridgewater. The Browns, Bills, Jets, Cardinals just drafted QBs. That really leaves only us and the Broncos. We realistically may only have to outbid the Broncos.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Also, is a Browns fan in any position to laugh at how other teams draft this based on this last decade?

Didn't know being a Browns fan prevented me from being critical of another team's decision making, but thanks for the info.

Archived