Report: Giants players are getting frustrated with Eli Manning's performance

DigInBoys

35 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Didn't know being a Browns fan prevented me from being critical of another team's decision making, but thanks for the info.

...so this is your definition of "being critical"?

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

And to think they passed on Darnold and Rosen for a running back.

tenor.gif?itemid=5822761

Yeah, we have different definitions of being critical. 

The Giants problem is Eli has zero confidence in his offensive line. Every problem Eli has had over the last couple of years (inaccuracy and pocket presence) stems from not being comfortable in the pocket. Getting better blockers would help, but Eli has to get his pocket toughness back. If you go and watch NY games from 2011, the Giants o-line was awful, but Eli was willing to hang in there and make throws. 

QBs tend to go through these phase (Rivers had the same problem in 2012). But the Giants might get impatient and just bench him. 

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Also, is a Browns fan in any position to laugh at how other teams draft this based on this last decade?

Bengals bro? That's not saying much at all, and just like I told @AFlaccoSeagulls keep that same energy when we play you, don't go hiding afterwards . I would actually pipe down with the big talk if I were you.

22 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Don't get mad at Eli, get mad at the GM. As matter of fact, Garoppolo would have been perfect on this team

Garoppolo got traded well before Gettleman was hired as GM. If you are telling us to blame the former GM Jerry Reese, we already are. He is the reason there is no talent on the team. There are a total of 2 players left on the team from the 2013, 2014, and 2015 drafts- OBJ and Landon Collins.

13 minutes ago, game3525 said:

The Giants problem is Eli has zero confidence in his offensive line. Every problem Eli has had over the last couple of years (inaccuracy and pocket presence) stems from not being comfortable in the pocket. Getting better blockers would help, but Eli has to get his pocket toughness back. If you go and watch NY games from 2011, the Giants o-line was awful, but Eli was willing to hang in there and make throws. 

QBs tend to go through these phase (Rivers had the same problem in 2012). But the Giants might get impatient and just bench him. 

There's no fixing it now outside of fixing the OL which isn't happening anytime soon. Eli is the definition of a Deer in Headlights when any type of pressure is applied. I've never seen a QB tuck and roll more, Then Eli Manning. 

It's like he's afraid of being touched/hit in a contact sport? As though he's scared if he does take a hit he might end up like Peyton with a neck surgery or concussed with CTE in the future? Damndest thing I've seen in a long time how quickly he folds to avoid contact.

Dumb question...

With a miserable offensive outside of Barkley and it probably remaining so for the next 2-3 years until they can get a QB in town, should the Giants have signed OBJ to that contract they did?

Top-3 receiver in the league no doubt and imo, the most exciting player in the league but they're probably going to be wasting 2-3 years of his contract with a bad offense due to no QB and a poor offensive line.

So should they have tried to unload him for draft capital instead of re-signing him thru 2024? Or is he too important to developing a young QB if they draft one in 2019?

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

There's no fixing it now outside of fixing the OL which isn't happening anytime soon. Eli is the definition of a Deer in Headlights when any type of pressure is applied. I've never seen a QB tuck and roll more, Then Eli Manning. 

It's like he's afraid of being touched/hit in a contact sport? As though he's scared if he does take a hit he might end up like Peyton with a neck surgery or concussed with CTE in the future? Damndest thing I've seen in a long time how quickly he folds to avoid contact.

Yeah, it is so weird how he is so scared in the pocket now. The other day, I was watching the Giants/49ers NFC championship game from a couple years ago and I see Eli getting the crap beat out of him and still hanging in there and making throws. 

What the hell happened to that guy?

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Dumb question...

With a miserable offensive outside of Barkley and it probably remaining so for the next 2-3 years until they can get a QB in town, should the Giants have signed OBJ to that contract they did?

Top-3 receiver in the league no doubt and imo, the most exciting player in the league but they're probably going to be wasting 2-3 years of his contract with a bad offense due to no QB and a poor offensive line.

So should they have tried to unload him for draft capital instead of re-signing him thru 2024? Or is he too important to developing a young QB if they draft one in 2019?

OBJ is a head case

1 minute ago, game3525 said:

Yeah, it is so weird how he is so scared in the pocket now. The other day, I was watching the Giants/49ers NFC championship game from a couple years ago and I see Eli getting the crap beat of him and still hanging in there and making throws. 

Honestly, it would not surprise me in the least and explain a lot if we found out 10 years from now he was Concussed numerous times but played through it/ never said anything to doctors to keep his Ironman streak alive.

Scared to death of CTE. Only thing I can come up with that explains his actions.

3 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Yeah, it is so weird how he is so scared in the pocket now. The other day, I was watching the Giants/49ers NFC championship game from a couple years ago and I see Eli getting the crap beat of him and still hanging in there and making throws. 

Those hits he wasn't afraid of taking 7 years ago at age 30 probably are hurting quite a bit more at age 37.

Archived