Aladdin (live action) - May 24, 2019

RamRod

37 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:
3 hours ago, August4th said:

but now I'm ready for that lion king teaser..

I'm not sure I can watch it unless they had the full original cast. 

We got Mufasa, thats all I need. Especially with the cast they do have, its PACKED with immense talent. 

refocusing on Alladin, the Tiger head entrance gave me goosebumps. Rest of the teaser is meh. 

54 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Nitpicking here, as this is probably my favorite animated movie of all-time, but Aladdin looks kind of goofy on first glance from the trailer. Guess he's not quite how I envisioned him growing up as a kid. Personally thought someone like Dev Patel looked more the part than the guy they actually cast.

Had the same thought but could just be that shot, when we finally get a real trailer that will be the real test.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

We got Mufasa, thats all I need. Especially with the cast they do have, its PACKED with immense talent. 

Well I suppose that's something. 

As for the 2nd part in bold. If Beyonce, john Oliver and Key are considered immense talent then the original is like the Hall of Fame talent. 

I can live without Irons because Chiwetel Ejiofor is a beyond awesome actor. Everyone else is meh besides maybe Woodard and definitely Kani. 

Edited by Calvert28

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean...why remake it if you're just going to use all of the same actors?

Because it's a live-action remake? Or because the original actors we're amazing?

Not saying they should have use the same actors... but it's not like it's an animated remake of an animated movie.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You're delusional if you don't think its a complete money grab regardless of the cast.   

All movies are investments that are supposed to make money. However, using the exact same cast to remake a movie is the lowest fruit and beyond unoriginal. Whoever wants them to do that is dumb.

• Like 1