Aladdin (live action) - May 24, 2019

RamRod

So, for someone who hasn't watched or followed any of the Disney live action news or films before this, what kind of remake exactly is this going to be? Does live action mean quasi-realistic, or does it still leave us with a talking parrot and a CGI magic carpet? Are they going to basically redo the songs from the animated movie, or will it be entirely different?

59 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

So, for someone who hasn't watched or followed any of the Disney live action news or films before this, what kind of remake exactly is this going to be? Does live action mean quasi-realistic, or does it still leave us with a talking parrot and a CGI magic carpet? Are they going to basically redo the songs from the animated movie, or will it be entirely different?

There will still be a parrot and magic carpet. They will redo songs from the original while also having new songs.

These live action remakes are reimaginings. They follow the same basic plot, but add some new points and change things up slightly. 

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 2

The problem is there already is a live action version of Aladdin. It’s called the Theif of Baghdad. Disney’s version is just rip off of that mixed with the original Aladdin story. I highly doubt this will be better even with special effects 75 years more developed 

On 10/14/2018 at 8:50 PM, skywindO2 said:

I think sometimes they're being too faithful to the old movies. Changing Iago to a bird found in Arabia would have been a positive change. 

Agreed. Jasmine also needs to be covered head-to-toe as well. None of that exposed belly / cleavage nonsense from the cartoons, she would be stoned for that. Disney needs to write this movie in a manner that doesn't white-wash lovely Saudi culture.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Agreed. Jasmine also needs to be covered head-to-toe as well. None of that exposed belly / cleavage nonsense from the cartoons, she would be stoned for that. Disney needs to write this movie in a manner that doesn't white-wash lovely Saudi culture.

You would be surprised of what was acceptable back then. How do you think belly dancers came about under Islam law? I would imagine this started back when the Persian Empire was young and Islam had a on and off view of it in certain parts. Let's not forget this story also is supposed to take place over near India isnt it?

Plus Saudi culture probably would have stoned her to death or at the very least caned her for running away from home. That'll teach that princess! Haram acts and such. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean, I don't think it's as bad as people say it is...

The movie itself, or Will Smith as the genie?

The movie doesnt look bad, just meh.

The genie absolutely looks laughably bad.     Maybe the CG isnt completely done, but I cant see it getting much better either way. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The movie itself, or Will Smith as the genie?

The movie doesnt look bad, just meh.

The genie absolutely looks laughably bad.     Maybe the CG isnt completely done, but I cant see it getting much better either way. 

Kinda. I think the movie looks meh agreed, but Will Smith doesn't look as awful as people are ripping on it for. Like I didn't laugh at it or anything. It's not great, but not awful.