Aladdin (live action) - May 24, 2019

RamRod

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Kinda. I think the movie looks meh agreed, but Will Smith doesn't look as awful as people are ripping on it for. Like I didn't laugh at it or anything. It's not great, but not awful.

Agree to disagree, I guess.     

Im not an overly harsh critic, but I hate poorly done CG effects, especially when they feel unnecessary.   The way it looks right now reminds me of how poor I thought the effects were in Star Wars Phantom Menace....and that was 20 years ago.   

If the movie ends up being really good, I could probably overlook it....but it doesnt inspire confidence in a movie Im already not particularly optimistic about.

Naomi Scott is going to nail it. She’s perfect for the role and obviously insanely gorgeous. 

Ill give the Aladdin guy the benefit of the doubt. 

My expectations for Will Smith are low. It has nothing to do with him. There is only one Robin Williams...he made the genie what it was, and honestly made the entire movie to a large extent. So I don’t blame Smith or even the casting group. 

So far the remakes have been very hit or miss. Cinderella was actually very good, primarily because the casting was just about perfect.

Beauty and the Beast was bad. The Beast looked awful and didn’t look authentic. Emma Watson, though beautiful, was too tomboyish for the role. She felt out of place. I thought that casting and acting for Gaston and LeFou were good...but LeFou’s homosexuality was a bit of a distraction the first time through. Overall the casting and modifications from the original were a big flop. 

Jungle Book was very good. Easily the best CGI movie ever. Plot modifications were pretty solid.

I think this one is gonna fail harder than any possible live action remake.  Will Smith as genie just doesn't work.  That small clip of him was bad not just because of how ridiculous he looks, but how he sounded, his entire demeanor, everything about it. 

Hopefully it fails so hard and The Lion King doesn't set the world on fire so we can get an end to these live action remakes and maybe have Disney start maybe working on original movies again. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I think this one is gonna fail harder than any possible live action remake.  Will Smith as genie just doesn't work.  That small clip of him was bad not just because of how ridiculous he looks, but how he sounded, his entire demeanor, everything about it. 

Hopefully it fails so hard and The Lion King doesn't set the world on fire so we can get an end to these live action remakes and maybe have Disney start maybe working on original movies again. 

well there isnt a single living thing in the lion kings live action remake so that's just a the lion king but in cgi.

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

See I think the real problem is not so much Will Smith, but because Robin William's was not too far removed from that role. His performance was so legendary he is arguably Disneys most memorable character. So people who were kids that saw Alladin like myself just wont be able to accept anything other then a certain Genie even if it is a good performance. 

Reimagined characters often times dont work. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If I had a wish for one superpower, it would be that I can stick my hand through a phone so I could choke you.

Just now, Fresh Prince said:

If I had a wish for one superpower, it would be that I can stick my hand through a phone so I could choke you.

I dont care for a Super Power. Just give me the Disney exec total control power and I'm happy. To stop so many bad decisions at that company