2018-2019 NCAAB Thread

11sanchez11

AAC gonna be a pretty tough conference.  UCF might be a sleeper this year.  I think UH will win the AAC.  I really love how team this season even with the absence of Rob Gray.  This year's team has more depth.  The home opener in the new arena vs Oregon is going to be EPIC!

Edited by Texansfan713

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

AAC gonna be a pretty tough conference.  UCF might be a sleeper this year.  I think UH will win the AAC.  I really love how team this season even with the absence of Rob Gray.  This year's team has more depth.  The home opener in the new arena vs Oregon is going to be EPIC!

UH and Tech play in a secret scrimmage 10/27 in Ft Worth. Gonna see if I can somehow go to that.

17 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Weren't 18 YOs allowed to go to the Gleague already? Darius Bazley was gonna go to the gleague instead of college but I'm pretty sure even he didn't do it because playing in the gleague probably sucks for an 18 YO.

Empty arenas, tough travel schedule, smaller role, 0 exposure... Really not worth the measly $120k elite recruits could get, and for all we know they are pretty much all getting more than that in school (when you throw in room and board, gifts like cars, and then the straight up cash). You're going to have such a better time spending 6 months on a campus surrounded by people your age where you are the man, getting to play sold out arenas, and become a household name. If NBA wanted to make the GLeague a real alternative (rather than just letting the damn kids enter the draft), they need to be offering closer to $1M, but I have no idea who would foot that bill.

18 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Weren't 18 YOs allowed to go to the Gleague already? Darius Bazley was gonna go to the gleague instead of college but I'm pretty sure even he didn't do it because playing in the gleague probably sucks for an 18 YO.

Yeah... Bazely was committed to Syracuse. Then decommitted and said he was going to GLeague to be the first and start a trend that there  is another path were you can get paid right away but that didn't pan out. Kid may have ruined his life. Had so much potential but seems like one of those cases where they made an extremely idiotic decision and everyone will just forget about him.

On 10/20/2018 at 9:47 AM, 11sanchez11 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/22/sports/darius-bazley-g-league-new-balance.html

Bazley got a 1 million dollar deal to be an intern for New Balance. 

I didn't read the article but I think a shoe deal is a part of it.

• 3 weeks later...