2018-2019 NCAAB Thread

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Bilas said Zion is a better prospect than LeBron James was...

During the game? I don't remember that. He said he was a better athlete and bigger but I'm pretty sure he started that by saying "people say that Lebron and Kobe were better players, and they were..."

2 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Zion really is an absolutely insane athlete, his jumper looks legit too. baring injury theres no way I expect anyone else going #1 overall. 

I will say I can't remember a more intriguing prospect coming out where I really could see BOOM and/or BUST potential. (and by Bust I mean not living up to a top 3 pick.) 

But the NBA has to be concerned with the fact it may be hard for a player with 280 lbs to maintain his legs throughout a very long NBA season. And before someone says that he can get his playing weight down, I'd counter with normally a players physic matures and gets heavier mid 20s. This kid is still a teenager. It will be hard IMO.

Duke is taking that fat L on December 20th tho.

In other news we killed Incarnate Word 87-37. The score was 39-30 at halftime and we won the 2nd half 48-7 lmao.

A lot of new faces in new roles but we'll be one of the best defensive teams in the nation like last season and once Culver, Mooney and Owens settle in we'll be cool. I expect us to challenge for 2nd in the conference behind Kansas.

13 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Zion really is an absolutely insane athlete, his jumper looks legit too. baring injury theres no way I expect anyone else going #1 overall. 

He took like 2 jump shots, pump the brakes. Now if he is comfortable creating space for pull ups and can hit the open 3 respectfully like last night, he jumps for me from tier 2, behind RJ and Cam tier, to right there with them for me. Although tbh RJ prob in his tier for me, don’t see that changing. Haven’t looked into French guy.

RJ is so special, best prospect of past few years... maybe since AD? Not just basing it off last night, that only helped further solidify my view of him.