GDT Week 6: Baltimore Ravens vs Tennessee Titans

DreamKid

This is one of the games I had circled as a must win game before we went into the season. So far it seems as the Ravens and titans are close in terms of win/loss ratio.

The Titans defense is stingy and has more playmakers than the Ravens, but not the same floor and backups. Depending on our ability to limit Mariotta, this could very well be another Browns type of game where we HAVE to convert those red zone opportunities. 

Against the Browns, the Ravens pissed away 17 points, 7 because Flacco/Boyle screwed up in the red zone, 3 because we once again couldn't block for Tucker and 7 to end the game but Crabbag dropped his 3 pass in the game.

If we end up with 24-27 points, I believe we will win it against the Titans. 24-27 might actually be a final score where Dean Pees allows the Ravens to get into a Justin Tucker field goal range. 

13-9 Ravens, Crabtree redeems himself with the only TD scored.

i, too, want heads to roll if this team somehow manages to not be able to score more points against DP than Mariota can put on Martindale.
the twice-a-season Marvin Lewis special is enough to suffer through as far as i am concerned.

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If our team manages to get outcoached by Dean Pees someone should be fired.

Pees(and Vrabel) are pretty much the biggest reason we've got 3 wins so far, and kept us in the Miami and Buffalo games/played well enough to win those(especially the Buffalo game). Removing ST TDs, the Titans are 2nd only to the Ravens in ppg allowed, and only .4 behind at that.

I know the fun thing for Ravens fans to do is hate Dean Pees but he and Vrabel have our defense playing at a borderline elite level so far.

This is a must-win game, and a loss here will put to rest any inkling that this team is any different than the 2016 or 17 iteration of the Ravens. Tennessee seems like a weird team to me - very similar to us actually in that they often seem to play up and down to their opponents, play pretty good defense, and have an offense that has trouble kicking into high gear. So it's not like this is a gimme game or anything, but if we aspire to make the playoffs these are the games we have to win, and it's level of team/defense I expect Flacco to be able to succeed against if he's going to live up to his talk. Lose here and you might as well stick a fork in Flacco and Harbaugh, yeah we'll stay competitive till the end but the 7-9 or 8-8 year we'll be on the road to isn't gonna cut it and everyone knows that. 

56 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Pees(and Vrabel) are pretty much the biggest reason we've got 3 wins so far, and kept us in the Miami and Buffalo games/played well enough to win those(especially the Buffalo game). Removing ST TDs, the Titans are 2nd only to the Ravens in ppg allowed, and only .4 behind at that.

I know the fun thing for Ravens fans to do is hate Dean Pees but he and Vrabel have our defense playing at a borderline elite level so far.

I really couldn't care less, no offense.

Pees has shown in his tenure in New England and his tenure in Baltimore that he's a god awful coach. Maybe Mike Vrabel is taking more control than historically Pees has had and Pees is running Vrabel's system, who knows. All I know is that I've seen enough over his 7 or so years here to know that I want nothing to do with him ever again and that if ANYONE gets outcoached by him, they shouldn't be in the league to begin with.

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Dean Pees is the equivalent to Steve Sarkisian. Steve Sarkisian inherited a great offense with great skill players and a scheme and playbook, but the same tools Shanahan used to build one of the most explosive offenses, Steve Sarkisian has been unable to use to the same degree.

Its the same with Pees, he just never managed to build a defense that was as great as it could be. If he didn't have the starting 11 his defense crumbled, if an offense figured him out he couldn't adjust, he was rarely able to call the clutch plays to seal a game which resulted in a great amount of last drive scores from opposing offenses and those exotic looks all the commentators talk about, we don't really get that.

Pees is not the worst DC in the league, but I feel it says something that both Patriots and Ravens fans can agree about what Pees is. And thoses fanbases never agrees on anything.

Archived