My extremely dark horse

Everybody are picking out the most common people to be there so called players coming out of no where, and I am going to go far out with this one mines is Anthoney Lanier 24 years old 6'6 286 lbs.  He has the length and the size to be a special player.  If this guy can take the place of Chris Baker oh boy plus he is really young him and Allen would be a hell of a combo for years to come.  So in short this is my guy hopefully for  the next 8 to 10 years folks.  

2 hours ago, Legend_Kenny4ever said:

Everybody are picking out the most common people to be there so called players coming out of no where, and I am going to go far out with this one mines is Anthoney Lanier 24 years old 6'6 286 lbs.  He has the length and the size to be a special player.  If this guy can take the place of Chris Baker oh boy plus he is really young him and Allen would be a hell of a combo for years to come.  So in short this is my guy hopefully for  the next 8 to 10 years folks.  

I like him but I think Harvey-Clemons is gonna be another one of those guys people are surprised by in a year or so as well I like Lanier as well I see a lot of potential!!!

Lanier will make the team and be a rotational guy this year. He's not going to replacing Baker's role as a starter this year - that will be Allen, McGee & McClain - but I think that in the future Lanier could be a starter.

My dark horse for this year is DeShazor Everett, if Cravens can't go early in the season, don't be surprised if he's not the starter next to Swearinger.

Everett is at best a special teams guy who gets beat deep like a drum and cant cover short either.Rather have ancient Blackmon or even DHall back there than him. The smartest move is to use the last three games and practice to transition Quinton Dunbar to Free safety and work in Fabio at corner. Probably wont  happen, but its the smart move. 

7 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Everett is at best a special teams guy who gets beat deep like a drum and cant cover short either.Rather have ancient Blackmon or even DHall back there than him. The smartest move is to use the last three games and practice to transition Quinton Dunbar to Free safety and work in Fabio at corner. Probably wont  happen, but its the smart move. 

You mean the Everett that saved the eagles game last year with his int of Wentz in the end zone and is a better tackler than all of the other guys you mentioned in your post?

Why would they transition Dunbar to safety? They have all kinds of young guys working at safety and developing. Dunbar needs to stay at corner, he's still learning that position and once again, Dunbar isn't a good tackler.

You need your safeties to be good tacklers. In fact an issue we have with both Blackmon & Hall is that neither one are still good in coming up at run support from their safety positions and it's a huge issue in our run defense and was in 2015 & 2016 also.

I'm intrigued by Matt Ioannidis. Always have been. He is a big dude that was a talented run stuffer (albeit at Temple) who hasn't done much in the NFL. By all accounts, he has played very well in training camp and has made strides this offseason. Last year, he had lined up at NT and wasn't very effective. Its being reported that he has lost 15 pounds but has added strength. Looks like he will be in the rotation at DE and i'm interested to see if he'll stand out.

10 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

looks like Iodonnes is playing much lower now which is good. investments in a competent DL coach paying off

I think that's helping all of our guys. They all are really getting coached up by Jimmy. Even with Johnathan Allen, they said he came in with great hands and powerful hands with a lot of good moves for a rookie but Jimmy was still working him hard on other stuff and I think his pad level was something he needed to improve. 

On 8/18/2017 at 9:55 AM, A TRAIN 89 said:

I'm intrigued by Matt Ioannidis. Always have been. He is a big dude that was a talented run stuffer (albeit at Temple) who hasn't done much in the NFL. By all accounts, he has played very well in training camp and has made strides this offseason. Last year, he had lined up at NT and wasn't very effective. Its being reported that he has lost 15 pounds but has added strength. Looks like he will be in the rotation at DE and i'm interested to see if he'll stand out.

This post was right on point. He's flashed as a 3rd down interior pass rusher with Allen this preseason and had a few nice plays against the run also.

Archived