WEEK 6 - GDT Steelers @ Bengals

JDLefebvre

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Ik i was supportive of the VW signing but honestly at this point i hate it. He is so slow and not remotely worthy of a starting position.

he is effective at blitzing and perhaps that really got him the new deal as well as being a colbert draft pick. He has limitations (lack of speed)  that players like Fort and Thomas can offer. I also saw williams miss too many tackles over the years for my liking.  As it is, from a personnel standpoint, I see dupree, burns and williams holding the D back the most . I would mention Davis, but he is getting a mulligan for now.  Butler is still on the hotseat if these communication breakdowns resurface . 

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Part of the problem is leaving him out there for all the plays.  With Shazier, Williams came out on passing downs and he was blitzing if he was in.  He is a liability in coverage and teams scheme to get him into coverage.  The problem they have is it is hard to give someone else the green dot because they do not have the experience in the system to make adjustments.

Fort should know the system by now, and he has more range. Thomas will have to wait, he is redshirt for now. I thought when they drafted edmunds and allen that we would move them up to the dime LB for more speed. Maybe by seasons end it will happen, but with williams out there I expect the opposition to make plays. The mismatch in the league is when the LB's lack the speed and the offence had the rangy TE's or the dual threat RB's

While some announcers are better then others, I'll take whomever as long as it's on TV. I had to suffer through the Bengals Panthers Week 2. Redzone saved the day Pretty much the whole end of the game was televised since it ended up being such a close game. 

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

While some announcers are better then others, I'll take whomever as long as it's on TV. I had to suffer through the Bengals Panthers Week 2. Redzone saved the day Pretty much the whole end of the game was televised since it ended up being such a close game. 

condensed games are good, and I can see how people have announcers they could do without.   This is where a few friends and some beer can go a long ways.

So after praising Fort and saying that his performance may result in more playing time...the team made him inactive today. That would be the first time this season that was the case.

The Cardinals owner needs to step in and put an end to that stupidity out there.

EDIT: Apparently, Fort ended up injured to end the week.

Archived