19-0 in 2007 or the 2 Super Bowl wins

Elky

Easy no from me. I would not give up that come back against ATL for a perfect season. I would not give up beating the Hawks team that demolished Peyton in the same game, nor the way it ended. I dont think the perfect season is all that important. 

On 10/12/2018 at 7:36 PM, Deadpulse said:

Easy no from me. I would not give up that come back against ATL for a perfect season. I would not give up beating the Hawks team that demolished Peyton in the same game, nor the way it ended. I dont think the perfect season is all that important. 

This, this and forever this.

18-1 hurts to this day, but the Butler pick and 28-3 are iconic moments that I would never trade witnessing. Not to mention the deflategate karma and everything else.

Plus, if we’d gone 19-0 but not won in '14 or '16, we’d 4-8 and sitting on a 4 Superbowl losing streak. I think that hurts the BB/Brady legacy more than the helmet catch.

No. 

1. Takes away the greatest comeback in NFL history. 

2. Takes away the most important interception in NFL history 

3. Removes Brady and Belichick’s 5th ring which keeps them tied with several people in the Super Bowl era 

4. Takes away Brady beating the LOB after Manning got obliterated by then 

5. As opposed to a team that dominated and won over two decades we turn into another dynasty that won in a short period of time (4 out of 7 is similar to the Niner’s and Steelers). It takes away the uniqueness of the dynasty,

6. In addition to beating one of the greatest offenses in NFL history, we beat one of the greatest defenses in NFL history. We lose that

Overall it hurts the legacies of all involved koreZ sometimes you need adversity. Sometimes Ali needs to lose the Fight of the Century to set up a better story 

I'm reading what others are saying and still torn.  

For whatever reason I don't really have much attachment to '14.  What the 'haws did to Manning doesn't mean anything since we outplayed the '13 Broncos even with Brady tossing 2 picks.  The Butler pick also isn't something that holds a lot of emotion.  Don't get me wrong, I loved '14 for it being the first title in 10 years but the other factors don't mean a lot, for me anyway.  Good game but I still wouldn't bat an eye hawking it for '07. 

'16 is a different story.  The narrative coming into the season, Brady being suspended 4 games and all that.  Then the offense choking for 3 quarters.  We all know Atlanta botched that game, but the comeback, Jules circus catch, Hightower's sack, the OT coin toss and marching down the field, and watching Roger have to hand that trophy to Kraft and Kraft rubbing it in his face... it was a special game.  That would be hard to give up.  

'07 would be just as historically significant as either of these games though.  A win in that game leaves at 4-0 in SB's with one being a perfect season.  The "Montana never lost in a SB" nonsense wouldn't exist, and regardless of how Joe played, he never put the cherry on the sundae to that degree.  Shula can have a nice fat cup of STFU.  We simultaneously strip Eli of one of his titles and Moss goes to the hall with a ring, the "Eli owns Brady" narrative never existed, and of course galvanizes the '07 team as one of, if not the greatest, offense ever fielded and surpasses any debate between the '13 Broncos vs. the '07 Pats.  And sure, TB12 would have 4, same as Bradshaw and Montana but we'd have done what neither did.  

I think with a win, that mystique of the perfect season changes completely and it's one of our rallying cries.  I don't think it hurts the legacy with one less ring to be honest, especially with one being '07.  We had 4 before, legacy was still insane.

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I loved winning the SB against the Hawks. A fighty,  ill-disciplined, holdy, trash talking mob with massive egos. Hope it was excruciating for them (not the fans, I like them). 

Related image

True.  It was nice to see Sherman & Pete humbled a bit.  Have to give Sherman credit for being the first one to shake Brady's hand though.

On 10/17/2018 at 3:33 AM, IheartMyV8 said:

I'm reading what others are saying and still torn.  

For whatever reason I don't really have much attachment to '14.  What the 'haws did to Manning doesn't mean anything since we outplayed the '13 Broncos even with Brady tossing 2 picks.  The Butler pick also isn't something that holds a lot of emotion.  Don't get me wrong, I loved '14 for it being the first title in 10 years but the other factors don't mean a lot, for me anyway.  Good game but I still wouldn't bat an eye hawking it for '07. 

'16 is a different story.  The narrative coming into the season, Brady being suspended 4 games and all that.  Then the offense choking for 3 quarters.  We all know Atlanta botched that game, but the comeback, Jules circus catch, Hightower's sack, the OT coin toss and marching down the field, and watching Roger have to hand that trophy to Kraft and Kraft rubbing it in his face... it was a special game.  That would be hard to give up.  

'07 would be just as historically significant as either of these games though.  A win in that game leaves at 4-0 in SB's with one being a perfect season.  The "Montana never lost in a SB" nonsense wouldn't exist, and regardless of how Joe played, he never put the cherry on the sundae to that degree.  Shula can have a nice fat cup of STFU.  We simultaneously strip Eli of one of his titles and Moss goes to the hall with a ring, the "Eli owns Brady" narrative never existed, and of course galvanizes the '07 team as one of, if not the greatest, offense ever fielded and surpasses any debate between the '13 Broncos vs. the '07 Pats.  And sure, TB12 would have 4, same as Bradshaw and Montana but we'd have done what neither did.  

I think with a win, that mystique of the perfect season changes completely and it's one of our rallying cries.  I don't think it hurts the legacy with one less ring to be honest, especially with one being '07.  We had 4 before, legacy was still insane.

But the flip side to never losing the Super Bowl and having the perfect season is going to be “they were a team that won a lot in a short period of time with a stacked roster and then for a decade later they didn’t do anything without that roster”.

One major distinction the current dynasty has that others don’t is that they did it over a long period of time with completely different teams. A lot of people are going to say they really aren’t terribly different from Noll’s Steelers or Walsh/Montana’s Niner’s. I think it absolutely does hurt the legacy if all their wins are confined to an earlier shorter time period. 

People on here forget now how the narrative was changing around 2012-2014. It was turning into “Brady and Belichick arent that great, they didn’t win anything in nearly 10 years and weren’t able to win once that early Corp was gone and they really only crossed the finish line during Spygate”. Rightly or wrongly that’s what the story was turning into. Going into the 2014 season it was not uncommon at all for a large percentage of football fans to rank Peyton higher than Brady because won 3 more MVP’s since Brady’s last win and had more recent Super Bowl appearances. 

2014 meant a lot to how everyone involved is perceived and how the franchise in general is. 

On the flip side I really think people tend to overrate what 2007 means with a win. It goes down as the best team ever? Okay it already is mentioned when people discuss the greatest teams ever, it would just be a little less debateable (and you’re kidding yourself if you think people won’t debate it). 

Also there is a team with a perfect season out there. They haven’t done much since (one Super Bowl the next year and then nothing) and now they are just a bunch of old curmudgeons who spend all year waiting for people to lose. I’d rather not be sitting here in 2018 being “yeah but 2007” whenever someone mentions how we haven’t won in years 

Archived