Ryan Pace and Sports Science

WindyCity

One under rated aspect of this season has been the health of the team. It is no in recent memory when a Bears team made it through camp and the first 4 games of the season without significant injury derailing the season.

Ryan Pace has lived through some of the worst injury plagued seasons in recent Bears history including leading the league in games missed and players on IR.

He set off to rebuild the sports science and training side of the team and the early returns need to be looked at as being very positive. Between the improved health care and training and the upgrades to the facility it appears the Bears are starting to get the Monday through Saturday things right for a change and joining the routinely competitive big boys of the league.

I think we are starting to see some of the early returns of a team that has finally doing the little things to be very competitive.

8 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT

I know you are joking. It is just nice to being operating at the front of the league on somethings and not at the back anymore.

I think Nagy is a huge part of that. The entire league was hiring young offensive minded/innovative HCs and the Bears hired John Fox to come in and be a dinosaur on the sideline and get out coaches each week.

Having less to complain about in the structure of the organization is nice.

A reporter asked Nagy about this in his PC last week (IIRC) and he said it's a bit lucky but he did acknowledge that this subject- practice schedules, rest, work outs, balance between easy and tough practices, watching injuries more closely- was a big topic with Pace during their interview.

This is more a Nagy thing to me.  Nagy was the beneficiary of Reids 20 years of experience in learning how to balance work and rest for the players.  Now we still have yet to get to winter when the tendons and muscles start to tighten up, but I'd say that not having the soft tissue injuries of years past is definitely a controllable, at least according to Rusty Jones, who attributed those injuries to diet.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

This is more a Nagy thing to me.  Nagy was the beneficiary of Reids 20 years of experience in learning how to balance work and rest for the players.  Now we still have yet to get to winter when the tendons and muscles start to tighten up, but I'd say that not having the soft tissue injuries of years past is definitely a controllable, at least according to Rusty Jones, who attributed those injuries to diet.

I agree here, I think Nagy has a good feel for when to push his players and when to let them rest. I still think we have quite a lot of good fortune this season as well. It's only four games though..

Archived