Dak Prescott's ceiling McNabb/Hasselbeck?

Malik

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

2001 not 1971.

In 2001, McNabb ranked 7th in the league in passer rating at 84.3
In 2016, that would be 24th
This year that would make him 27th.

in 2001, 5 players had a passer rating above 87. In 2018, there are 25.

Check your facts bro.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

In 2001, McNabb ranked 7th in the league in passer rating at 84.3
In 2016, that would be 24th
This year that would make him 27th.

in 2001, 5 players had a passer rating above 87. In 2018, there are 25.

Check your facts bro.

Dak Prescott (a rookie mind you) 3rd that year behind Brady and Ryan having career seasons. You're facts bro, you need to check them. Again what made McNabb a candidate that year?

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Dak Prescott (a rookie mind you) 3rd that year behind Brady and Ryan having career seasons. You're facts bro, you need to check them. Again what made McNabb a candidate that year?

Yes, and do you know where Dak ranks this year? 26th and that's after his best game of the season. He's trending WAY in the wrong direction as a whole.

Just now, Danger said:

Yes, and do you know where Dak ranks this year? 26th and that's after his best game of the season. He's trending WAY in the wrong direction as a whole.

What does that have to do with the discussion about legit MVP candidates of those respective years?

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

What does that have to do with the discussion about legit MVP candidates of those respective years?

What does a single season worth of being an MVP candidate have to do with their ceilings as far as potential franchise QBs? (Also the answer to why wasn't Dak an MVP candidate is because he didn't make the Super Bowl)

SxaA5k0.png

McNabb Prescott
18 3
7 18
8 26

Those are their passer rating ranks in the league. I inverted it on the chart to more appropriately display, why Dak isn't McNabb. I discounted McNabbs 6 game rookie season because for him it really wasn't important and for most QBs their rookie season may as well be thrown out the window in terms of grading them in the long run. But I included Dak's because it was good for him.

McNabb (2000-2009)
Prescott (2016-2018)

1 minute ago, Danger said:

What does a single season worth of being an MVP candidate have to do with their ceilings as far as potential franchise QBs? (Also the answer to why wasn't Dak an MVP candidate is because he didn't make the Super Bowl)

Those are their passer rating ranks in the league. I inverted it on the chart to more appropriately display, why Dak isn't McNabb. I discounted McNabbs 6 game rookie season because for him it really wasn't important and for most QBs their rookie season may as well be thrown out the window in terms of grading them in the long run. But I included Dak's because it was good for him.

McNabb (2000-2009)
Prescott (2016-2018)

Really? Go back and read what was discussed. You completely sidestepped the entire discussion.

McNabb was a legit MVP candidate one year and a borderline HOF player. I don't see Dak ever approaching that level. 

This was what was being responded to. Just start from there.

Really? Go back and read what was discussed. You completely sidestepped the entire discussion.

This was what was being responded to. Just start from there.

That's not the original intent of this thread though. If we're looking at one year peaks, then we may as well anoint Robert Griffin a Hall of Famer too.

All in all. Dak Prescott's rookie year was basically in the mold of Alex Smith. Safe, game manager. Not too much was asked of him other than to not make mistakes. Let everyone else win the game, just don't turn the ball over.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

And if you want further clarification on why Dak wasn't an MVP candidate, it's because he wasn't even the best rookie on his team that season.

And what the hell does that even have to do with him being a MVP candidate? McNabb wasn't even the best player on the Eagles team that year that would have belonged to Dawkins. Does that exclude McNabb from the discussion now?

1 minute ago, Danger said:

That's not the original intent of this thread though. If we're looking at one year peaks, then we may as well anoint Robert Griffin a Hall of Famer too.

All in all. Dak Prescott's rookie year was basically in the mold of Alex Smith. Safe, game manager. Not too much was asked of him other than to not make mistakes. Let everyone else win the game, just don't turn the ball over.

You responded to a post I made replying to another poster. That was the discussion. If you were wanting to stay completely to the point of the topic then there was no reason for the reply.

And what the hell does that even have to do with him being a MVP candidate? McNabb wasn't even the best player on the Eagles team that year that would have belonged to Dawkins. Does that exclude McNabb from the discussion now?

Dawkins plays for the other side of the ball bro.

Apples to Oranges.

You responded to a post I made replying to another poster. That was the discussion. If you were wanting to stay completely to the point of the topic then there was no reason for the reply.

You SPECIFICALLY referenced 2000. Which was absolutely not his MVP caliber season. LOL

Archived