The Haunting of Hill House

RavensTillIDie

Haunting-Hill-House-1000-08.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6763664/

Anyone started this series? Wife and I started it last night and we're both insanely hooked and scared out of our minds lol. We've only gotten to episode 5, but this is a great piece of storytelling so far. Love the pace of the show, the different characters and the fact that it is a legitimate horror series, not one of those watered down teen "horror" series. Highly recommend for any fans of the genre, and even those that are not.

I finally finished it and I enjoyed all 10 episodes. I agree that this is so much more than just horror. The director takes his time telling a story and developing all the main characters. There are jump scares but the show picks it's moments to use them. The ending was satisfying and unlike most TV shows, it didn't feel rushed.

Episode 6 might be one of my favorite TV episodes of the year so far. 

just finished episode 6.

excellent writing and acting. 

i love the structure of it. it jumps around a lot, but it always makes sense where you are 

i love the fact that certain story elements are revealed in each episode, and something you saw before sometimes isnt quite what it originally seemed

makes me extremely optimistic for future netflix originals

the fact that they can dump out 10 episodes at once makes it unnecceasrily to write in a "cliffhanger" each episode so people tune in next week.

instead, each episode ending is powerful 

Just finished this last night. That might be one of the most bittersweet endings I have seen to a movie/series in a long time. I mean, the ending was definitely highly satisfying in my opinion, and it did answer a lot of questions, but I still have a few left unanswered. Spoilers below:

-So were the ghosts inside the house actually bad, or was it just the house that was bad and there were good AND bad ghosts?

-Could the ghosts actually touch people? Cause it seemed like the Crains could feel their presence, e.g. cold spots in the house, hand wrapping around Theo in her bed as a kid, etc. However, it seemed like we never saw the ghosts physically touch anything.

-Why do the ghosts shift between looking like decaying corpses and their previous normal human forms?

-How did Nell never realize the bent neck lady was herself?

I've started rewatching the show and I have to say, this young cast did a great job. Often I end up getting annoyed by kid actors/actresses but not this time. I'm most impressed the ones who played Theo and the twins. 

Also, the director did a great job of showing us how terrifying sleep paralysis can be. Other movies and TV shows have done it before but this felt very realistic. 

Just finished this up.

Recency bias might be at play, but this might be my all time favorite horror production. The blend of true terror, limits on the jump scares (save the one in episode 8 that nearly got my girlfriend to throw her drink across the room), the hidden ghosts, adult themes and a focus on character development and storytelling while weaving real life pains into the work was incredibly brilliant. This made me feel in ways horror never really is able to capture.

Archived