The Haunting of Hill House

RavensTillIDie

On 10/15/2018 at 1:26 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

Just finished this last night. That might be one of the most bittersweet endings I have seen to a movie/series in a long time. I mean, the ending was definitely highly satisfying in my opinion, and it did answer a lot of questions, but I still have a few left unanswered. Spoilers below:

Hide contents

-So were the ghosts inside the house actually bad, or was it just the house that was bad and there were good AND bad ghosts?

-Could the ghosts actually touch people? Cause it seemed like the Crains could feel their presence, e.g. cold spots in the house, hand wrapping around Theo in her bed as a kid, etc. However, it seemed like we never saw the ghosts physically touch anything.

-Why do the ghosts shift between looking like decaying corpses and their previous normal human forms?

-How did Nell never realize the bent neck lady was herself?

- Both. House was the source of the evil. Most of the ghosts weren't completely evil, but flawed humans who remained flawed or overcompensated for their previous flaws (the tall man)

- Yes. It wasn't made a big deal of, but Theo was holding a ghost when Nell went missing during the storm. In the book this is loosely based on, that scene is a much bigger deal than it was here. Poppy also clearly touched the Crains when they went back to the house. 

- Don't really have an answer for that, though that's typical ghost stuff.

- She never really could make out the bent neck lady iirc. When she saw her, she looked like this. Given that the bent neck lady was also used as a metaphor for her depression, I think it works a lot on that level.

37 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

She's married to the director and has been in almost all of his movies. I bet she'll be in Doctor Sleep as well, the sequel to The Shining. 

She's great imo. I hope we see her career take off after this show.

Archived