HOF Green Bay FB Jim Taylor Died

bzane

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Was there a cause of death listed? I didn't see it in the link. Considering he was such a bruiser, I'm glad to hear he lived a long life and didn't have CTE issues

No cause yet reported but the “died unexpectedly in a hospital in his home town of Baton Rouge” makes you wonder if he had a heart attack/stroke or if he was there for a different procedure and passed on 

RIP to one of the greats of the Lombardi era. The first of the era to make the Pro a Football HOF. 

On 10/13/2018 at 2:37 PM, bzane said:

Old-time crash-bang tough guy fullback. Featured in the "Packer Sweep", once - 1962- beat out Jim Brown for the rushing title.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24973592/jim-taylor-first-vince-lombardi-era-green-bay-packers-inducted-hall-fame-dies

Image result for Jim TaylorImage result for Jim Taylor

That Packer Sweep was a thing of beauty.  Opposing defenses knew it was coming but Lombardi's offense just executed it so well that it was almost unstoppable.  Jim Taylor became an icon in the league's history running this play.  Sorry to hear the news of his passing. 

from football writer vic ketchman:

" I love this quote by Jim Brown from Dave Zirin's book Jim Brown Last Man Standing.

"Football is not about tricky plays. It's about dominance. Physical and mental dominance. And the best way to dominate is to run the football. If you can run on a team, shove it up and down the field, it means you're kicking *** and both of you know it. Running is Power."

Jim Taylor was a Power Runner who helped the Packers dominate their opponents both physically and mentally. They knew it was coming and there wasn't jack diddly squat they could do about it.

Archived