Week 6 GDT: Everything is bigger in Texas - a Josh Allen story.

Trentwannabe

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

If they dont cut Peterman this week I just dont know what to say. There are so many guys more deserving of that roster spot than him.

We may actually need the body. Anderson-Thomas-Peterman as our emergency QB?

11 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Why does he throw that same throw every time he plays... Everyone jumps that route on him

because he wants to prove he can make that throw?

in all seriousness what happened to josh allen?

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

I was assuming that Josh was fine but yeah if hes not we've got to keep him.

Sounds like he was kept out just to be safe, but he might have a bone chip floating around from the hit by the helmet. I've had that and it hurt with just a minimum of movement or impact.

8 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

If they dont cut Peterman this week I just dont know what to say. There are so many guys more deserving of that roster spot than him.

If Allen  is hurt as bad as I think he is we need someone behind Anderson who knows the offense for a week or two but if we don't get anybody else to take his spot I'll be pretty bummed. There have to be guys on the street who at least have potential.

1 minute ago, Yibbyl said:

Lost in all of this is that our D held a good offense to just over half of their usual yardage! Totally took their juice...and in their house!

They're gonna need to be that good all year if we wanna win another game with a wounded Allen if he gets back or Anderson/Peterman playing.

6 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

They're gonna need to be that good all year if we wanna win another game with a wounded Allen if he gets back or Anderson/Peterman playing.

Let's wait to hear what Allen's injury is until we start going down that path. 

Defense is going to be good all year regardless of who is playing QB lol.

26 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I am sad how good our defense is. 

I didn't see the game but from a few clippings and things on twitter, it sounds like Allen is bailing on clean pockets still and holding the ball too long. 

The D lived in that Texans backfield...7 sacks, 12 QB hits, and 11 TFL! McDermott's vs. Frazier's defensive playcalling is night and day different. Makes me wonder how that Chargers game would have turned out if McD had done the playcalling from the start, instead of taking over at the half after all the damage had been done.

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Well, McDermott went public with some very transparent comments. Didn't say his days were numbered, but you gotta think they are looking at any other options they can find.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/24983209

You know he spoke to Peterman in private first, but, still, it was clear who had the issues with "respect for the football". The stupid penalties on the other hand were shared by far too many.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I am sad how good our defense is. 

I didn't see the game but from a few clippings and things on twitter, it sounds like Allen is bailing on clean pockets still and holding the ball too long. 

John Murphy and Mark Kelso mentioned once or twice that he tucked the ball and ran when he had open receivers once or twice. Its definitely worrisome if that starts to take hold. You get the feeling hes just frustrated with the talent around him. It's a shame he got hurt when he did because he made two good reads and passes in a row and was starting to get something going it felt like. 

I really think the FO needs to consider making a move for some at WR the guy really needs someone he can go to consistently. It was nice to see then working in some shorter routes and screens for him at least. It felt a lot more like they were not letting him loose as opposed to him not taking opportunities and Murphy said that as well. 

Archived