Week 6 GDT: Everything is bigger in Texas - a Josh Allen story.

Trentwannabe

13 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

This is now a lost season. I'm good with Josh Allen being taken out of the fire and developed properly. He got a nice cup of tea to build on.

Let's get a top 5 pick, deal Shady for 2nd and build draft equity

I dont think it changes anything honestly. Our defense is too good to just tank and our schedule is easier. Josh has had most of the hard games, let him have his chance against the likes of Colts. 

21 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I dont think it changes anything honestly. Our defense is too good to just tank and our schedule is easier. Josh has had most of the hard games, let him have his chance against the likes of Colts. 

Agreed. The AFC is such a crapshoot right now. We get to play a QB next week who loves to turn the ball over and we have a defense firing on all cylinders. 

I don't really think a WC spot is realistic right now, but a win next week and getting to 5-5 or 4-6 before the Bye gives them a chance. 

40 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Agreed. The AFC is such a crapshoot right now. We get to play a QB next week who loves to turn the ball over and we have a defense firing on all cylinders. 

I don't really think a WC spot is realistic right now, but a win next week and getting to 5-5 or 4-6 before the Bye gives them a chance. 

Yeah I'm with you. The fact of the matter is he gives us the best chance to win and we arent doing him any favors by benching. Let him play the season and hope he improves as the season goes on. 

I do believe the team needs to do something about the WR in a hurry. I dont care if its Cooper or Agholor or whoever but Josh needs some one he can lean on. Zay seems like he might be becoming a decent option but hes far from enough. McDermott and Beane really need to be questioned about their acquisitions. The defensive acquisitions have been great by throwing your rookie QB out there with poor protection and no one who can make a play is just ridiculously poor planning.

20 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

McDermott and Beane really need to be questioned about their acquisitions. The defensive acquisitions have been great by throwing your rookie QB out there with poor protection and no one who can make a play is just ridiculously poor planning.

I agree with this 100%.

This is my only beef with these two. How can they even begin to justify taking the rawest QB and putting no solid veteran in front of him (or behind him) until 6 weeks into the season? Obviously they thought McCarron would pan out better but did they not have a backup plan in case he didn't?

This offense is pitiful and Josh Allen's development is suffering because of it. We can't objectively scout his rookie year with the supporting staff he currently has.

On 10/14/2018 at 9:02 PM, LeeEvans said:

Yeah I'm with you. The fact of the matter is he gives us the best chance to win and we arent doing him any favors by benching. Let him play the season and hope he improves as the season goes on. 

I do believe the team needs to do something about the WR in a hurry. I dont care if its Cooper or Agholor or whoever but Josh needs some one he can lean on. Zay seems like he might be becoming a decent option but hes far from enough. McDermott and Beane really need to be questioned about their acquisitions. The defensive acquisitions have been great by throwing your rookie QB out there with poor protection and no one who can make a play is just ridiculously poor planning.

I mean even just the fact that okay, Peterman played well in the pre-season fine, whatever. But after that absolute DISASTER week one you don't bring anybody else in? What are they doing? What is the plan? Where is the long term goal? McDermott is a hell of a defensive coordinator but so far as a head coach he's still got a lot of question marks. And honestly, Beane has made more mistakes than anything so far aside from his draft picks. It's year 2 of a 5 year plan, I get that. But we should see signs that things are going to trend upwards.

8 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean even just the fact that okay, Peterman played well in the pre-season fine, whatever. But after that absolute DISASTER week one you don't bring anybody else in? What are they doing? What is the plan? Where is the long term goal? McDermott is a hell of a defensive coordinator but so far as a head coach he's still got a lot of question marks. And honestly, Beane has made more mistakes than anything so far aside from his draft picks. It's year 2 of a 5 year plan, I get that. But we should see signs that things are going to trend upwards.

Absolutely. Anderson has been there all regular season and we brought him in last week? Do we want a mentor for our rookie QB or not? The fact Nathan Peterman was in a position to have to backup Allen is 100% on Beane and McDermott.

This offseason is going to be a make or break one for them in my opinion. No mentor for Josh and a first time OC who isnt exactly a QB mastermind is extremely questionable. They need to add some serious talent around Josh and make up for the fact they left him out to dry this year. 

The fact this team is even competitive shows that McDermott can coach a team, or at least defense, but my god that plan on offense has been a disaster for the six weeks so far.

15 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I agree with this 100%.

This is my only beef with these two. How can they even begin to justify taking the rawest QB and putting no solid veteran in front of him (or behind him) until 6 weeks into the season? Obviously they thought McCarron would pan out better but did they not have a backup plan in case he didn't?

This offense is pitiful and Josh Allen's development is suffering because of it. We can't objectively scout his rookie year with the supporting staff he currently has.

I agree with you. This year really cant tell us anything. You look around at what other teams did for their rookie QBs and you just scratch your head trying to figure out how Beane and McDermott thought this was okay. The fact they bought in so heavily to a second year fifth round pick who has been a disaster is baffling. He can't teach Josh anything and he sure as hell should seen a snap on an NFL field. 

Josh is out there without anyone mentoring him, with no line and no one to throw the ball to. It's just baffling all the way around. 

Just got an update that Josh Allen is out for the Colts game and could miss multiple weeks. Imo, we should just shut him down until after the bye. This offense is a dumpster fire and it's not worth risking long term injury and gives him a chance to learn from Derek Anderson.

Failing to even remotely address this offensive line has bit this team in the ***.

8 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Looks like i'll be spending Sunday avoiding the Bills game. Please start Derek Anderson (did I really just say that?).

If Derek Anderson doesnt start, McDermott deserves to he fired. Seriously. I dont know how he could possibly continue to throw Peterman out there after so many awful performances, he'd lose the team. 

Honestly they should roll with Anderson for a good chunk of games and let Allen heal and learn some from Anderson. Forcing him out there again too early with this offensive line would be idiotic. 

22 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

How has he not been cut yet? Sign some rando off the street and give him the simplest playbook you can so he can be a backup.

Dude, how can you just expect someone to pick up our playbook? Its SOOOO complex....

6 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Dude, how can you just expect someone to pick up our playbook? Its SOOOO complex....

xD I'd take almost anyone at this point. He can just tell each guy what route to run himself for all I care. Backyard football style. Can name about 10 guys right now I'd take.

Unbelievable that we have coaches who are paid to make these decisions. They're clearly letting their emotional attachment to Nathan sway the obvious decision to move on. It's frustrating watching this unfold so embarrassingly. 

Archived