When VJ gets fired

jsthomp2007

13 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I really hope we dont trade 2 firsts for Harbaugh I like him but not that much.

I’m inclined to agree.

Harbaugh is a hell of a coach and if the Ravens were firing him he’d shoot straight to the top of my wish list (unlike his POS brother who I want no part of)

But I’m not sure mortgaging a bunch of draft capital for a head coach is a smart move. 

57 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's a matter of public record - he's been on hand to personally watch only 2 QB's - Herbert & Lock.   With Herbert staying in school, Lock's his top target.

Maybe your right, I haven't got a clue, but wow. Thats quite a leap to connect those dots.

Elway watches one guy therefore thats his favorite?

6 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Maybe your right, I haven't got a clue, but wow. Thats quite a leap to connect those dots.

Elway watches one guy therefore thats his favorite?

Obviously a lot can change - but we're talking about Elway's tendencies, not about who he's picking in April.   He took the trouble to travel to watch only 2-3 guys last year.  This year it's only 2 guys.    You don't go to see a player in person in his regular season game if you're not really, really interested, and in Lock's case, he was 1 of only 2 guys to get a personal visit.   The statement made earlier was on the type Elway loves - not who he was going to pick.   Come on, it's not rocket science to see the connection. 

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Obviously a lot can change - but we're talking about Elway's tendencies, not about who he's picking in April.   He took the trouble to travel to watch only 2-3 guys last year.  This year it's only 2 guys.    You don't go to see a player in person in his regular season game if you're not really, really interested, and in Lock's case, he was 1 of only 2 guys to get a personal visit.   The statement made earlier was on the type Elway loves - not who he was going to pick.   Come on, it's not rocket science to see the connection. 

Of course there's a connection. It's your conclusion based on one single item of information that I question

Maybe Elway came away disgusted after watching him, maybe he loved him, who knows? You've got to give me something more than "Elway watched him play"

5 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Of course there's a connection. It's your conclusion based on one single item of information that I question

Maybe Elway came away disgusted after watching him, maybe he loved him, who knows? You've got to give me something more than "Elway watched him play"

He took the trouble to go scout him in person.  There are literally only 2-3 guys he goes to that trouble for each year.   It shows his natural tendency of what he looks for - Lock fits his history to a T.    No one is saying he's going to pick Lock right now.   But Lock was literally 1 of the only 2 guys he wanted to see in person.   If that doesn't show his natural preferences and what he's looking for....well,  I think you're reading way more into that statement.   

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

I think its bc last year I think he only saw darnold and Mayfield live and really wanted to trade up for Darnold. 

I’d honestly rather keep Joseph then trade for Harbaugh.  Trading for Harbaugh with his pedigree likely costs multiple high draft choices.  Herm Edwards (who was awful in the NFL) went for a 4th rounder.  Harbaugh will be much more expensive.

Don’t get me wrong, coaching is an issue in Denver, but I don’t care if Harbaugh is HC and Kubiak comes back down to the field and is OC, this team still won’t be going anywhere without a QB and would have given up multiple early picks for Harbaugh.

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I’d honestly rather keep Joseph then trade for Harbaugh.  Trading for Harbaugh with his pedigree likely costs multiple high draft choices.  Herm Edwards (who was awful in the NFL) went for a 4th rounder.  Harbaugh will be much more expensive.

Don’t get me wrong, coaching is an issue in Denver, but I don’t care if Harbaugh is HC and Kubiak comes back down to the field and is OC, this team still won’t be going anywhere without a QB and would have given up multiple early picks for Harbaugh.

I don't think Harbaugh with his pedigree is worth more than 2 seconds.  And still wouldn't pay that. 

8 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I think the idea of trading high picks for coaches died with the salary cap era.    The last time a draft pick swapped hands for coaches was 2006.  

I mean, if it's a Day 3 pick, I could see teams not caring.  But I don't think with how valuable Day 1-2 cheap rookie level contracts, teams don't seriously consider giving away high picks anymore (all that Chip Kelly talk was pure smoke, IIRC the last hypothetical scenario).

Certainly, we'd be nuts to consider any Day 1-2 pick trade for any HC.  They aren't changing our team's issues, and trading away those picks will only make it worse.   And that's even with the knowledge picks aren't locks to succeed - but the roster management in restocking a roster with affordable talent makes giving away those picks a no-go (at least among GM's who have a clue lol).

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think the idea of trading high picks for coaches died with the salary cap era.    The last time a draft pick swapped hands for coaches was 2006.  

I mean, if it's a Day 3 pick, I could see teams not caring.  But I don't think with how valuable Day 1-2 cheap rookie level contracts, teams don't seriously consider giving away high picks anymore (all that Chip Kelly talk was pure smoke, IIRC the last hypothetical scenario).

Certainly, we'd be nuts to consider any Day 1-2 pick trade for any HC.  They aren't changing our team's issues, and trading away those picks will only make it worse.   And that's even with the knowledge picks aren't locks to succeed - but the roster management in restocking a roster with affordable talent makes giving away those picks a no-go (at least among GM's who have a clue lol).

Yeah.  I don’t know.  From what I’ve read it could turn into a bidding war.  Supposedly Miami is also having discussions about trading for him.  I really don’t see Baltimore parting ways with him for a mid round pick or 2.  They’ll have to be blown away.

5 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Yeah.  I don’t know.  From what I’ve read it could turn into a bidding war.  Supposedly Miami is also having discussions about trading for him.  I really don’t see Baltimore parting ways with him for a mid round pick or 2.  They’ll have to be blown away.

It would be so Mike Tannenbaum to give a high draft pick for Harbaugh - he certainly doesn't fall into the "GM with a clue" category lol.    I think the most likely scenario is Harbaugh staying in BAL.   That's certainly a team that's surging.    We would be nuts to get into any bidding war, any team wants a coach that badly, don't get in their way. 

Archived