When VJ gets fired

jsthomp2007

I am 100% in favor of an offensive minded coach.  Period.

Here are my Top 6 Candidates:

1. Lincoln Riley

2. Matt Lefluer

3. David Shaw

4. John DeFilippo

5. Chris Peterson

6. Jim Bob Cooter

One thing I want to see of a head coach is someone who manages the forest not the trees.  It has been utterly excruciating watching VJ look completely lost on the sideline.  Even a simple act of using his radio and the panic in his eyes trying to keep track of the big picture.  The NFL has no room for lack of leadership that stays above the emotion ebbing and flowing in all big games.  VJ will never be that guy.

So find a combination of intelligent, progressive in their scheme and the ability to lead above all.

I left Jim Harbaugh off the list.  But I am sure he will be on a lot of lists.

And finally; the old boys club the NFL profligates needs to GO OUT THE WINDOW.  The future is not recycling old coaches expecting different results.  For example, Todd Haley.

It has been utterly excruciating watching VJ look completely lost on the sideline.  Even a simple act of using his radio and the panic in his eyes trying to keep track of the big picture. 

This is something that I constantly notice. He has the face of a hall monitor put in charge of a class filled with kids his same age with no idea how to handle it until the teacher gets back.

7 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

This is something that I constantly notice. He has the face of a hall monitor put in charge of a class filled with kids his same age with no idea how to handle it until the teacher gets back.

LOL.  Well said.  I keep trying to get the right analogy.  This is the best yet.

The one I am working on is related to my son's rec league soccer coach.  But I can't get him down to VJ's level just yet.

4 hours ago, BaldyBronco said:

I am 100% in favor of an offensive minded coach.  Period.

Here are my Top 6 Candidates:

1. Lincoln Riley

2. Matt Lefluer

3. David Shaw

4. John DeFilippo

5. Chris Peterson

6. Jim Bob Cooter

One thing I want to see of a head coach is someone who manages the forest not the trees.  It has been utterly excruciating watching VJ look completely lost on the sideline.  Even a simple act of using his radio and the panic in his eyes trying to keep track of the big picture.  The NFL has no room for lack of leadership that stays above the emotion ebbing and flowing in all big games.  VJ will never be that guy.

So find a combination of intelligent, progressive in their scheme and the ability to lead above all.

I left Jim Harbaugh off the list.  But I am sure he will be on a lot of lists.

And finally; the old boys club the NFL profligates needs to GO OUT THE WINDOW.  The future is not recycling old coaches expecting different results.  For example, Todd Haley.

I don't know enough on Peterson...but a big NO THANKS on Jim Bob Cooter.  He's literally been a huge reason why that O hasn't been moving forward for the longest time.  I mean, they are still using Legarrette Blount over Kerryon Johnson right now.   Their GM Quinn is on the right track drafting gems like Golladay, Kerryon Johnson, and getting Taylor Decker and Frank Ragnow to bolster that OL...but no way on JBC.  

I do fully support the idea of an O-minded HC - for the main reason that they would have major input on our next QB.   It can't be the status quo with Elway/Kubiak alone making that call.

If Lincoln Riley makes the jump, I have a really hard time seeing him go anywhere but Cleveland.

Honestly, as much as I would like a young, o-minded maverick, if a guy like Jim Harbaugh is avaliable you go and get him. This team needs to hit on their new coach, we cant afford two inexperienced flame outs, and Jim is a guaranteed hit. He is a top tier coach who demands respect in the locker room but is also popular with his team. He is both motivational and a decent X/O's guy. The idea that we are going to copycat McVay is nuts. Its like when we went with Henderson/McKenzie to copycay KC and Hill. Its not likely to happen twice. Just get Harbaugh and dont get cute. Thats my take anyways.

Just now, BroncosFan2010 said:

If Lincoln Riley makes the jump, I have a really hard time seeing him go anywhere but Cleveland.

Honestly, as much as I would like a young, o-minded maverick, if a guy like Jim Harbaugh is avaliable you go and get him. This team needs to hit on their new coach, we cant afford two inexperienced flame outs, and Jim is a guaranteed hit. He is a top tier coach who demands respect in the locker room but is also popular with his team. He is both motivational and a decent X/O's guy. The idea that we are going to copycat McVay is nuts. Its like when we went with Henderson/McKenzie to copycay KC and Hill. Its not likely to happen twice. Just get Harbaugh and dont get cute. Thats my take anyways.

I'm with ya there.  I don't like the idea of following other teams; ala KC with Hill and McVay's O.  When other teams zig I want to somewhat see us zag.

No decent QB's in the draft?  Don't force the pick get a guy like Harbs and get a tough nosed defense again with an offense full of capable playmakers.  Continue to upgrade the OL and see what happens 

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

1 hour ago, broncofan48 said:

I'm with ya there.  I don't like the idea of following other teams; ala KC with Hill and McVay's O.  When other teams zig I want to somewhat see us zag.

No decent QB's in the draft?  Don't force the pick get a guy like Harbs and get a tough nosed defense again with an offense full of capable playmakers.  Continue to upgrade the OL and see what happens 

FWIW, while I want an O-minded HC - Harbaugh is a fine choice.  His time in SF and in Michigan, with inferior talent to the big boys at OSU and Wisconsin, shows me that he's adapatable..and still very creative.   And he's very good at bringing in progressive minds to help expand his team's repertoire - THAT is what we need. I just don't want a D-minded redux, or a retread HC with zero originality.   I'd be 100 percent behind a Harbaugh signing.

Ultimately I just want the best HC we can get, whether offensive or defensive or a veteran or a 1st time HC.

I’ve worn this out, but I like James Bettcher best right now.  If not him I’m fine going with Harbaugh or one of these offensive minded OCs.  Hell I like Toub best from the last batch of candidates.  I wouldn’t have an issue with him either.

Just now, germ-x said:

Ultimately I just want the best HC we can get, whether offensive or defensive or a veteran or a 1st time HC.

I’ve worn this out, but I like James Bettcher best right now.  If not him I’m fine going with Harbaugh or one of these offensive minded OCs.  Hell I liked Toub best from the last batch of candidates.  I wouldn’t have an issue with him either.

44 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I’ve worn this out, but I like James Bettcher best right now.  If not him I’m fine going with Harbaugh or one of these offensive minded OCs.  Hell I like Toub best from the last batch of candidates.  I wouldn’t have an issue with him either.

Toub wouldn’t be O-minded but it’s hard to deny the success of the Andy Reid coaching tree.  He’s had 3-4 interviews including us and has the #1 ST unit by DVOA again.  

He must really underwhelm at interviews not to get a 2nd call.  His record is impeccable.   

Archived