rickyt31

Stock Investing

Posted (edited)

So I spent today at work looking for free money.  Cash back offers, free money for signing up, etc.  I got 50 dollars from one, like 40 from referring friends on Stash, a free stock by signing up for another and got my card linked to a few cash back programs. 

I do this every once in a while and I'm always surprised by how much free money is out there.  One of them I had completely forgotten I had and I tried to sign up again and when I realized I already had an account, I logged in and had 500 dollars on there. 

Anybody new to this should look into finding that free money out there for getting started. 

Edited by Outpost31

On 4/17/2019 at 6:18 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You can access money in a 401k well before 59.5 using the Roth Conversion Ladder.

https://www.moneyunder30.com/roth-ira-conversion-ladder

.Your boss is wrong - take the tax free growth. With a Roth 401k -> Roth IRA conversion, there aren't even any tax implications. Just roll the money over, and in 5 years you can take out the principal tax free with no penalty.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3091-1384981995-0.g 

1. You decide if you want to go long or short before buying. You can do both but decide on the type of investing you want. Is it worth losing everything to make 1000% or you want 10-15% through dividends and growth?

2. It's a cliche but information and timing is 90% of success. Lucking out on a future isn't sustainable. 

3. Do you have any experience in gambling? Get some. If you struggle losing $100 in a minute you might not be ready for this. Maybe buy a mutual fund.

4. ETFs are a nice stepping stone.

Anybody know how I can report a loss of income of a billion dollars on my taxes? Asking for a friend.

11 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Anybody know how I can report a loss of income of a billion dollars on my taxes? Asking for a friend.

Call up Trump's CPA

On 5/3/2019 at 2:28 AM, x0x said:

4. ETFs are a nice stepping stone.

Fastest way to create wealth. Sell in the money cash secured puts to collect premium and have the shares assigned to you, this lowers your cost basis to buy into a nice dividend paying oversold ETF such as the health care Spyder (XLV) . Then sell out of the money calls on it over and over and collect the premiums further lowering your cost basis, as you hold the shares collecting the dividends and compounding. Then sell in the money calls to exit the trade. Make the market pay you premiums to buy the shares, and exit the shares, while you collect dividends and capital gains AKA triple income wheel trades. Options are powerful tools but only sell them! If you want to buy them research debit spreads! Buying naked options can be extremely painful :(