Stock Investing

rickyt31

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Anyone familiar with GUSH?

4-5 years ago it was $26,800 but probably averaged $15-17k during that span.  Last January it was $1300 and plummeted.  Now it's back on the rise but only $54.  I think gas prices will go up under Biden so was looking into Oil/Gas/Energy.

Reading it's an inverse stock.  No idea how this works but I like where it could go lol.

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Anyone familiar with GUSH?

4-5 years ago it was $26,800 but probably averaged $15-17k during that span.  Last January it was $1300 and plummeted.  Now it's back on the rise but only $54.  I think gas prices will go up under Biden so was looking into Oil/Gas/Energy.

Leveraged ETF's are ok for day and short term trading but not advisable for investing. They have extremely high expense ratios that are taken from the value of the shares. This leads to constant share devaluing and reverse splits to keep the share prices up. The prices of these ETF's are reset every day and then they move in accordance with the underlying ETF 3X. In this case GUSH is the bull for XOP, Drip is the bear. If XOP moves 1% Gush will move 3%. I urge you to do research on the risks involved with any leveraged ETF's. They can be an effective trading tool when used correctly but the prospectus clearly shows they are decaying assets that will eventually go to $0.

If you want to invest in gas/energy etf's the safe plays are XOP, XLE, USO

19 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Leveraged ETF's are ok for day and short term trading but not advisable for investing. They have extremely high expense ratios that are taken from the value of the shares. This leads to constant share devaluing and reverse splits to keep the share prices up. The prices of these ETF's are reset every day and then they move in accordance with the underlying ETF 3X. In this case GUSH is the bull for XOP, Drip is the bear. If XOP moves 1% Gush will move 3%. I urge you to do research on the risks involved with any leveraged ETF's. They can be an effective trading tool when used correctly but the prospectus clearly shows they are decaying assets that will eventually go to $0.

If you want to invest in gas/energy etf's the safe plays are XOP, XLE, USO

Good to know, I will go with XLE most likely. Thanks.

24 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Amazon has been poop for me. Low key might sell and just add it all to ally or ark,.

Yea Amazon has been stuck in a rut between 3100 and 3200 for over a week now. Which is nice for me because it's formed some really strong lines of support and resistance.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Yea Amazon has been stuck in a rut between 3100 and 3200 for over a week now. Which is nice for me because it's formed some really strong lines of support and resistance.

How do you play calls that have a year 2 years left till they expire Brody.. Sell or hold.