Stock Investing

rickyt31

16 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Worst rule ever. But how does someone get by not knowing it? Like driving around without plates and wondering why youre being pulled over.

I don't think that's a fair comparison at all. I wasn't aware of it either. 

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

How much of this is still from Tesla? 

I'm not sure, but this is crazy.

I'm a little geeked out by non-market timing, market timing (I like to call it "rebalancing with a deeper plan" lol). I'm neck deep in a spreadsheet right now analyzing different rebalancing approaches simply utilizing an S&P 500 index and an intermediate term treasury (using 5yr to start). The results are pretty surprising so far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm not sure, but this is crazy.

I'm a little geeked out by non-market timing, market timing (I like to call it "rebalancing with a deeper plan" lol). I'm neck deep in a spreadsheet right now analyzing different rebalancing approaches simply utilizing an S&P 500 index and an intermediate term treasury (using 5yr to start). The results are pretty surprising so far.

Ha I think everyone who says "I don't market time" does the same philosophical thing of where along the slippery slope do you stop.

But yeah I don't know what to make of this. Interest rates aren't rising at all for the next few years, and the overall economy is looking stronger than it was at the height of the pandemic, but it's not like Wall Street ever felt the pandemic anyway they got bailed out immediately with the slashed interest rates anyway. Gonna keep my head down and keep buying every 2 weeks like normal.

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Ha I think everyone who says "I don't market time" does the same philosophical thing of where along the slippery slope do you stop.

But yeah I don't know what to make of this. Interest rates aren't rising at all for the next few years, and the overall economy is looking stronger than it was at the height of the pandemic, but it's not like Wall Street ever felt the pandemic anyway they got bailed out immediately with the slashed interest rates anyway. Gonna keep my head down and keep buying every 2 weeks like normal.

I've been 100% stocks since forever. I'm 35 now, so I'm not adverse to putting new money into VBIMX here. Not sure I'll touch the already invested amounts, however. TBD after more number crunching!

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 3:24 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Up 8.6% since I got in on Tuesday.

Almost a week later and I'm up 21.3% in NXE. Looks like a lot of the uranium stocks are going up.

FCUUF is up to $0.50 today. FISOF is up to $0.10.

Going to look at those two and throw $100-$200 into one of them unless something else catches my eye.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Almost a week later and I'm up 21.3% in NXE. Looks like a lot of the uranium stocks are going up.

FCUUF is up to $0.50 today. FISOF is up to $0.10.

Going to look at those two and throw $100-$200 into one of them unless something else catches my eye.

For those Uranium stocks you could throw a dart and be successful right now it seems. FCUUF I like better than Fission. Wasnt $15k worth of volume traded today for Fission. That would worry me.

Uranium Energy Corp. (UEC) is releasing over 3 million more shares at 3.30 a piece. The stock sunk today from yesterdays 3.55 to under 3.20 now. Currently 3.19. Is that a buy?

Cant decide if its a dilute or a deal.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

For those that like to hold. GORO (Gold Resource Corporation) is at $2.86. Theyll be paying out a dividend monthly.

Looks good for the value of the stock. And gold companies float with the price of gold for the most part. So an easy one to sit on and hold until it reaches a price to sell at.

Edit: All part of Fortitude Gold which will do the same. Found a better article explaining things clearer.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4417507-fortitude-stock-gold-spin-off-will-deliver-volcanic-cash-dividends-part-one

Edited by PARROTHEAD

A big 💎🖐️ salute to Mr Bill Hwang.

https://www.legit.ng/1410834-bill-hwang-the-rise-fall-popular-trader-who-made-20-billion-then-lost-it-all-2-days.html

Bill Hwang: The Rise and Fall of Popular Trader Who Made $20 Billion, Then Lost It All in 2 Days 

- Bill Hwang, a veteran stock trader and hedge fund manager, amassed billions of dollars in net worth over the years

- However, Hwang could not stay long in the billionaires club as it lost the $20 billion he had made in just two days