Stock Investing

rickyt31

Can someone tell me why all these penny stocks say they had a share price of like 300,000 dollars per share 10 years ago when you look at their max timeline?

I have a guess as to what it is but I don’t want to sound stupid and Google really isn’t helping.

If I’m right I will confirm that what I thought it was was right, but if I’m wrong I’m just going to say I was wrong.

@Shockwave

Also, I forgot I put 1,000 into my Charles Schwab account about a week ago, but I don’t want it in there anymore because I wanted to stop with the penny stocks.

Now I’m thinking I’m just going to dump that all into a high dividend ETF on there, but if I do that it will screw with Charles Schwab being my long shot lottery ticket portfolio.

Also thinking about putting it into one of those high dividend energy stocks that hover around 2-5 dollars per share.  I think NGL Energy is one of them.

Or maybe I should just keep going with penny stocks, but up the maximum PPS to like 90 cents or something.

I don’t know, I just don’t know.

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I couldnt get on till near 10. And even then I saw I had missed that boat. Hope you made out good on that.

So far so good.   I'm up around 30%

Ltnc may take off tommorow too(already started power hour today) . They are announcing one of the three major athlete endorsers.  I think it may be Justin Gaitlan to start which isn't as exciting as a possible TB12 but it's a start 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, I forgot I put 1,000 into my Charles Schwab account about a week ago, but I don’t want it in there anymore because I wanted to stop with the penny stocks.

Now I’m thinking I’m just going to dump that all into a high dividend ETF on there, but if I do that it will screw with Charles Schwab being my long shot lottery ticket portfolio.

Also thinking about putting it into one of those high dividend energy stocks that hover around 2-5 dollars per share.  I think NGL Energy is one of them.

Or maybe I should just keep going with penny stocks, but up the maximum PPS to like 90 cents or something.

I don’t know, I just don’t know.

bTF93J7.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Can someone tell me why all these penny stocks say they had a share price of like 300,000 dollars per share 10 years ago when you look at their max timeline?

I have a guess as to what it is but I don’t want to sound stupid and Google really isn’t helping.

If I’m right I will confirm that what I thought it was was right, but if I’m wrong I’m just going to say I was wrong.

@Shockwave

I actually have no idea. I've dabbled in pennies in the past but it's not a big part of my trading. But I rarely check the historical charts beyond a year or so. I do recall seeing some crazy numbers in the historical data but just chalked it up to my charting platform being wonky. What is your theory?

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

I actually have no idea. I've dabbled in pennies in the past but it's not a big part of my trading. But I rarely check the historical charts beyond a year or so. I do recall seeing some crazy numbers in the historical data but just chalked it up to my charting platform being wonky. What is your theory?

I'm fairly certain this is due to the company having done a few reverse splits in the past, I can't think of any other reason why. If the stock price actually started at $30 but they have done 2 10:1 splits, then the price would show up as $3,000 for when they initially IPO'd.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, UncleAdamz said:

I'm fairly certain this is due to the company having done a few reverse splits in the past, I can't think of any other reason why. If the stock price actually started at $30 but they have done 2 10:1 splits, then the price would show up as $3,000 for when they initially IPO'd.

This seems to explain it. 

That seems to be a very simple explanation.

Edited by Outpost31

50 minutes ago, UncleAdamz said:

This is correct. Not applicable to all stocks but I'd say comfortably at least 9/10.    

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

I missed the sub 2.70 dip around noon. 😑

Stop checking in for a few. And miss my zones every time.

Like I said this is a long term hold for me. I monitor just to see how it's doing, but I don't plan on touching it for awhile.