Stock Investing

rickyt31

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Uck I told ya'll months ago to avoid that thing like the plague. Cut your losses it's gonna be bankrupt in a couple years 

Hedges can only short it for so long. With the incentives to buy electric coming out. Production starting with every vehicle spoken for already. Announced SUV version and the works. Im holding and will HODL.

Its nothing the company is doing wrong. The plant alone recently nabbed an evaluation of over 1.5 billion. Its all hedges doing this. More are actually buying to hold every day. With some big fish liking the price range its entering.

Gambled on 150 shares at 18.50 on PLTR yesterday. At open today it was under 18. So tried to cover my loss by getting 150 more at around 18.

Then boom.

Palantir Technologies shares are trading higher the company reporting better-than-expected Q1 sales results.

Currently 19.74. Wash my Lordstown pain away baby.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

29 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Hedges can only short it for so long. With the incentives to buy electric coming out. Production starting with every vehicle spoken for already. Announced SUV version and the works. Im holding and will HODL.

Its nothing the company is doing wrong. The plant alone recently nabbed an evaluation of over 1.5 billion. Its all hedges doing this. More are actually buying to hold every day. With some big fish liking the price range its entering.

I'm a local. Trust me if you get close to your money back, jump ship 

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Nice buying the dip on tech

Some of these more volatile ones like Magnite or Digital Turbine are gonna shoot up once this is over. Magnite kinda already has, up almost 20% from where it opened.

Edited by UncleAdamz

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Never understood the DKNG love.  I don’t see much growth at all to it.

Curious, how do you not see growth in their future with more and more of states rolling out gambling?

They're spending a **** ton of capital on the customer acquisition and marketing blitz they're putting on right now; time will tell if this was the optimal strategy. 

15 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Curious, how do you not see growth in their future with more and more of states rolling out gambling?

They're spending a **** ton of capital on the customer acquisition and marketing blitz they're putting on right now; time will tell if this was the optimal strategy. 

Call it a hunch.  Also call it if there’s money there’s competition, and I don’t think they’re good enough to corner the market in something like fantasy football.

I know there will be points and counterpoints to everything I say, and I don’t think it’ll have no growth, but the way people were hyping it I was just like... Ehhhh, I don’t know.

Same with AirBnB.  Everyone was like no, ABNB is gonna skyrocket.  And I’m like... No... IHG, Marriott, Expedia... They’re all at or below 200 and when people were gobbling up ABNB’s IPO I was like...

I wouldn’t.  T

Then with DKNG, a good friend of mine thought I was out of my damn mind to not be buying when it was damn near 60 per and I was like... Are you expecting this to get to even 200 in the near future?

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Call it a hunch.  Also call it if there’s money there’s competition, and I don’t think they’re good enough to corner the market in something like fantasy football.

I know there will be points and counterpoints to everything I say, and I don’t think it’ll have no growth, but the way people were hyping it I was just like... Ehhhh, I don’t know.

Same with AirBnB.  Everyone was like no, ABNB is gonna skyrocket.  And I’m like... No... IHG, Marriott, Expedia... They’re all at or below 200 and when people were gobbling up ABNB’s IPO I was like...

I wouldn’t.  T

Then with DKNG, a good friend of mine thought I was out of my damn mind to not be buying when it was damn near 60 per and I was like... Are you expecting this to get to even 200 in the near future?

It's not just fantasy football now though. It's actual gambling on games. Like Vegas but online 

22 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

It's not just fantasy football now though. It's actual gambling on games. Like Vegas but online 

True, and that’s why I say it’s a hunch.

Let me ask you and the other guy talking about it this question...

What’s your valuation on it?

I feel like over the next 5 years it’ll be lower than it is now as far as PPS.

I would guess in 5 years it’s right around 40.

I kinda see it as a Twitter of sports betting.  I don’t see it breaking out of that 40-80 range.  Like ever.

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I kinda see it as a Twitter of sports betting.  I don’t see it breaking out of that 40-80 range.  Like ever.

I mean just the gambling part alone puts it around 70-80 target to me.  Truth be told I been in since the first ipo and already cashed out my original investment so I'm free rolling atm with the profits to see what else they come up with.  

What else they do is really the question on the ceiling of it 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I mean just the gambling part alone puts it around 70-80 target to me.  Truth be told I been in since the first ipo and already cashed out my original investment so I'm free rolling atm with the profits to see what else they come up with.  

What else they do is really the question on the ceiling of it 

And that’s another reason.  They came out with a fresh take on fantasy football.  After the gimmick becomes standard and gets emulated and accepted by other fantasy football sites, as other fantasy football sites allow gambling...

And as gambling gets accepted in more and more states, more and more ways for people to lose money will present themselves.  As such, Draft King profits might fall.

If there’s too much money gained in gambling and too little paid to certain people, gambling restrictions will come right back.

I always think of online poker.  When people were making millions there and how quickly that came to an end.

I just never trust a thing like this.  If people make too much money, things get changed to make Draft Kings more money, and then the people who got in because they thought it was easy money start realizing it’s not easy money anymore, they’re less likely to go to it.

Same reason I know virtually every single cryptocurrency will receive the smack down legislation at some point and the fun will be over.

34 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And that’s another reason.  They came out with a fresh take on fantasy football.  After the gimmick becomes standard and gets emulated and accepted by other fantasy football sites, as other fantasy football sites allow gambling...

And as gambling gets accepted in more and more states, more and more ways for people to lose money will present themselves.  As such, Draft King profits might fall.

If there’s too much money gained in gambling and too little paid to certain people, gambling restrictions will come right back.

I always think of online poker.  When people were making millions there and how quickly that came to an end.

I just never trust a thing like this.  If people make too much money, things get changed to make Draft Kings more money, and then the people who got in because they thought it was easy money start realizing it’s not easy money anymore, they’re less likely to go to it.

Same reason I know virtually every single cryptocurrency will receive the smack down legislation at some point and the fun will be over.

As of now they have exclusive rights with a couple leagues that allows them to do more with product integration. Long term I'm sure they'll be more competition but for now it's a great play imo 

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I agree. And they arnt the only game in town thats going to be tossing huge money to nab customers.

Im avoiding them. Id rather see a nice startup or established now ready to spend with some billionaire backers. There will be ground floors to start on with others. Draft Kings got great hype by being a meme stock and it still hasnt reached but so high. Legalized gambling isnt going to bring in any more than being a meme fad did unless diamond hands rally to it again. But legalized, all I see is a bunch of pump-n-dumpers capitalizing on fresh news.

• Like 1