Stock Investing

rickyt31

33 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Yea the guy who is president is a total ****** rip off artist. Why I told people to stay out of it since it was 30+

It sucks watching thousands vanish. But my break even is only 9.20something now. Hoping theres a little uplift in the morning so I can bail. But if not, I havent actually lost anything. But a little uptick and I can still bail out with a good chunk of change.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

It sucks watching thousands vanish. But my break even is only 9.20something now. Hoping theres a little uplift in the morning so I can bail. But if not, I havent actually lost anything. But a little uptick and I can still bail out with a good chunk of change.

Bail now 

51 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Hey, wwe became a meme stock. That's exciting for me 

So is it WWEs doing. Jacking the stock through the roof for a takeover.

Or have the takeover rumors picked up and doing it.

Or do people just like garbage companies? Cause it really makes me wonder why Lordstown isnt around $50 right now if so.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

So is it WWEs doing. Jacking the stock through the roof for a takeover.

Or have the takeover rumors picked up and doing it.

Or do people just like garbage companies? Cause it really makes me wonder why Lordstown isnt around $50 right now if so.

WWE isn't a garbage company.

Quite the contrary. It's a 4 billion dollar company that hasn't missed a dividend payment in the decade I've owned it.  It's been shorted like crazy as well it should have been as it is a huge in person business. However they signed a billion dollar deal with peacock and live crowds coming back.  Also, there are definitely rumors of it being sold as Vince is old as hell and they've done a bunch of cuts to make any acquisition easier 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

WWE isn't a garbage company.

Quite the contrary. It's a 4 billion dollar company that hasn't missed a dividend payment in the decade I've owned it.  It's been shorted like crazy as well it should have been as it is a huge in person business. However they signed a billion dollar deal with peacock and live crowds coming back.  Also, there are definitely rumors of it being sold as Vince is old as hell and they've done a bunch of cuts to make any acquisition easier 

I say garbage because TV/Cable has been a declining industry. I dont see another billion dollar deal to follow the ones they just landed. And dont think either company is happy with the deals theyre stuck in with WWE currently.

I think the only thing thats been propping the stock up to the 50s is those dividends. Theyre an attractive hold long term that way. Otherwise I could see them being in the low 20s-high teens.

AND...

Couldnt help myself. I bought 50 more shares of the RIDE in the 9.90s. 50 more at 9.50. 50 more at 9. Then on the way up. 50 more at 9.14.

Sitting at 11.30 right now. Im closing in on what I had at the mid 15s. Like they say. The sun shines on an apes *** every once in a while. Gonna bail before long here now.

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I say garbage because TV/Cable has been a declining industry. I dont see another billion dollar deal to follow the ones they just landed. And dont think either company is happy with the deals theyre stuck in with WWE currently.

I think the only thing thats been propping the stock up to the 50s is those dividends. Theyre an attractive hold long term that way. Otherwise I could see them being in the low 20s-high teens.

AND...

Couldnt help myself. I bought 50 more shares of the RIDE in the 9.90s. 50 more at 9.50. 50 more at 9. Then on the way up. 50 more at 9.14.

Sitting at 11.30 right now. Im closing in on what I had at the mid 15s. Like they say. The sun shines on an apes *** every once in a while. Gonna bail before long here now.

They have their own streaming network(which is what peacock bought and what wwe produces more content for).  They make content and right now content is king.  Is it as big as the early 2000s, hell no, but it still wins the demo networks want every time it's not across from MNF.  It's been a tough watch sans crowd for sure but I think it has a a solid chance to rebound.  This has been it's general range for years. It's run upon to 120 down to 30 but generally winds up in the 50-70 range .  I basically just look at them as a boring blue chip I own 

9 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

AND...

Also please set your stop loss this time for real lmao 

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

So dumped Lordstown. Now theyre rid of their CEO and the stock collapses.

The whole Lordstown thing looks very similar to what happened with NKLA. Hindenberg torched NKLA just like it's doing now to RIDE. Then the stunt Trevor Milton played absolutely killed the stock. I ended up taking a lump and dumping it at $24. It's made a nice comeback the past month or so but still has only recovered to $17.

I'm not sold on EV's as the future. It would take massive improvements to the electrical grid and nuclear to meet the draw demands if we went fully EV. Hydrogen will be the renewable energy source we eventually settle on IMHO. NKLA probably won't deliver an actual hydrogen powered semis or autos, but the hydrogen fueling infrastructure they are building is where their real worth will be. I just don't have much faith in them delivering a fully functional hydrogen powered vehicle.

• Like 1