Stock Investing

rickyt31

Whelp I'm all in cash again in all my trading accounts (not my 401K or Roth IRA I do not mess with either). I think this market will soon come to realize that inflation is not going to be transitory. I think it's here to stay. Only a matter of time til the market reacts. So in the meantime I'll make my day and swing trades but I am not long anything at the moment. To be honest I tend to be wayyyyy early on these market selloffs. Could be months before it happens. But I'd rather be early and miss some upside gains then be caught in the maelstrom and ride the entire market down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Whelp I'm all in cash again in all my trading accounts (not my 401K or Roth IRA I do not mess with either). I think this market will soon come to realize that inflation is not going to be transitory. I think it's here to stay. Only a matter of time til the market reacts. So in the meantime I'll make my day and swing trades but I am not long anything at the moment. To be honest I tend to be wayyyyy early on these market selloffs. Could be months before it happens. But I'd rather be early and miss some upside gains then be caught in the maelstrom and ride the entire market down. 

Amen to that. Swings, short terms and day pumps are my targets. Ive been very successful so far for 2021. And need to keep being so in getting ready for the storm.

Have taught myself not to hold too long. To make sure I have that next play ready. So when I bail and it continues to rise. Im in something else I feel has good potential. Because holding hasnt made me half of what hustling has.

23 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

My $1.30 Exela I mentioned a couple pages back is popping on past 2.10 today. I was expecting 1.60s, hoping for 1.80s. Up 42% right now on the day.

Ahh. Look at you boy. Popping shares off at 2.88 and 2.84 this morning.

Screw it. Its Miller Time! Grillin me a ribeye (on the bone)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

Welp I think I’m just screwed with this market. Should have known to sell my **** when Biden took office 

I haven’t put a nickel into anything for months.  A couple people tried to warn everybody in here to slow down.  I forget their names except for mine and @incognito_man’s.

I didn’t sell anything, but the only things I’ve been putting my money into have been my savings account, my IRAs, high dividend ETF’s and treasury bonds.

At the end of December I plan on setting automatic monthly investments into Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and my two favorite alt coins (whichever those two might be at that time).

Over the next four years, crypto will be my single solitary high risk investment.  Otherwise, it will be straight ETFs, bonds and “safe” stocks (Amazon, Google, Disney)… 

What we got from March 2020 to March 2021 isn’t very common and we’re lucky we haven’t had a serious crash.

If we do have that crash, I’ll have a spare 20-40 thousand in savings ready to dump.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

Welp I think I’m just screwed with this market. Should have known to sell my **** when Biden took office 

Look I'm not a fan of the current administration but the DOW is up 5,000 points since the election, Nasdaq is up something like 3000 points. The overall market has been on fire. My guess is you are in meme stocks or super volatile tech...?

55 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Look I'm not a fan of the current administration but the DOW is up 5,000 points since the election, Nasdaq is up something like 3000 points. The overall market has been on fire. My guess is you are in meme stocks or super volatile tech...?

Yeah I got into a lot of the energy tech, but I know a lot of the stocks I follow are just down in general. But yes the big ones are still doing fine 

23 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

Don’t give up. Look for good new companies and old stalwarts. I’m still doing well and I’m 75% tech.

I hope these Trade Desk and Nvidia splits take me to another level in the next few years.

Edited by pnies20