Stock Investing

rickyt31

21 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I am SO glad I locked in my mortgage rate last week

After the 2.250 at 15 I got 18 months ago I’m never refinancing again and really hoping I don’t move until it’s paid off if ever.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Thoughts on TDOC?

It's on my watch list (stocks I'm currently considering).

They're in a great industry, no doubt. The stock has been HAMMERED due to disappointing results, and it also appears that management may be untrustworthy and/or incompetent. It's either dirt cheap right now, or it's about to get torn to the studs.

Virtual medicine is here to stay obviously, but I'm not sure about Teladoc's place yet. I'm too leery of management to pull the trigger.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

not really a day trader.  Sometimes I'll buy something cause I think i can make a quick 10-15%.  But most of the time I'm more looking into longer term stuff

Same.

A situation like we're in right now is always a tough call, as so many quality companies have been beaten down in the market. It's hard to know if this is getting toward the (near-term) bottom, or if this is just the start to a longer-term bear market.

On 6/9/2022 at 7:35 AM, Shockwave said:

I got in at 114.25 I'm prepared for it to go lower. I'm going to build the position and buy on the dips. Then once I have a few hundred shares will start selling covered calls for premium. Basically create my own dividends on top of the monthly div TLT pays.

Update on my TLT position. I averaged down close to 112.00 a share or so. So I'm around break even at the moment. Monday if it's still around this price I will look to sell some covered calls at $115. If it tanks I'll add another 100-200 shares. I don't see these yields staying this high for much longer. A bond yield bottom is close so I'm comfortable getting 500 share or so deep in this position (beauty of ETF's). 

• Like 2

I’ve been investing outside of my regular retirement since January of 2018 and after being up 30+%, I’m officially back down to “break even” overall. Thankfully I’m in a spot where I can wait out the market and whenever it rebounds I’ll have bought up a lot on the low end, but still. LOL

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’ve been investing outside of my regular retirement since January of 2018 and after being up 30+%, I’m officially back down to “break even” overall. Thankfully I’m in a spot where I can wait out the market and whenever it rebounds I’ll have bought up a lot on the low end, but still. LOL

What are you investing in? I've been doing a mix of VOO, FTEC and IAU (latter is more of an extension of my emergency fund).

17 minutes ago, biggie. said:

What are you investing in? I've been doing a mix of VOO, FTEC and IAU (latter is more of an extension of my emergency fund).

Long term compound interest moderately to highly aggressive indexed mutual funds 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 5:26 PM, bcb1213 said:

Threw 100 bucks into APTX right before the close as it hit its 52 week low.  Spec biotech.  But a lot of insider buying recently which i generally take as a good sign.  Could be a bust, could be a home run

Month later this morning I took my initial investment out and have close to 100 shares of a possible home run or bomb drug tech for free

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm currently looking for a good monthly dividend stock below $30 per share. Looking into the idea of creating passive income. I have a couple of Quarterly dividends I love, but I want something to help create a small amount of passive income. 

From my experience alot of the monthly div payers are in the housing/residential sector or are REITS. Stocks like ORC, O, STAG, APLE (off the top of my head)