Raiders shopping Amari Cooper, Karl Joseph

BayRaider

Jay Glazer reports Raiders have called multiple teams regarding trading Amari Cooper and Karl Joseph.

No surprise here. It was apparent when Gruden traded Mack we are cleaning house and starting from scratch. 

Cooper has not played like a 1st Round WR for us and we’ve made him our #1 for four years. He’s very inconsistent. I do think Cooper can thrive on another team.

Karl Joseph has been a bust for us, but I also think he can thrive on another team.

I also think we are gonna trade Carr to NYG for a 2nd Round pick in the off season. We’ll see. Carr with all those weapons.. yikes! They would definitey need to draft a T though... again... Carr needs supreme protection. 

Cooper would be tearing it up if he were on the Pats/Packers/Saints. Carr for whatever reason never formed a connection with him and neither this staff nor the others made it a point to get him the ball. It would hurt to lose him but I'd rather it happen than resigning him for big money when it just hasn't worked out here 

3 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Cooper would be tearing it up if he were on the Pats/Packers/Saints. Carr for whatever reason never formed a connection with him and neither this staff nor the others made it a point to get him the ball. It would hurt to lose him but I'd rather it happen than resigning him for big money when it just hasn't worked out here 

I wouldn’t go that far, Cooper will go weeks at a time dropping the football, and weeks at a time not dropping it. Very inconsistent hands, and he also needs to be open to make the catch.

Cooper IMO is the best route runner in football behind Antonio Brown though (and thats a big gap). Coopers route running, even in college, was better than 95% of NFL WRs. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I wouldn’t go that far, Cooper will go weeks at a time dropping the football, and weeks at a time not dropping it. Very inconsistent hands, and he also needs to be open to make the catch.

Cooper IMO is the best route runner in football behind Antonio Brown thougg (and thats a big gap). Coopers route running, even in college, was better than 95% of NFL WRs. 

Not gonna debate that the drops are a puzzling concern, but that doesn't mean you stop going to a guy either IMO. Especially when he's as wide open as he often is and danger with the ball in his hands. Any other franchise is trying to coax those issues out of him and make him a focus

Archived