2018 Oakland Raiders = 2011 Colts

BayRaider

What I mean by this is, this is the most obvious case of tanking since the #Suck4Luck campaign in 2011 where the Colts started Curtis Painter all year knowing they aren’t gonna win. 

Yes, the Raiders are still a bad football team. However, Gruden is trying to get the #1 pick in my honest opinion. This has become very obvious this week. 

1) Gruden knows if he goes 2-14 he is completely safe. No way he gets fired until after the 5th season, at a bare minimum. 

2) We have 5 CBs. Conley, Melvin, Worley, Leon Hall, and DRC. Conley, Melvin, Worley have been our best three players on defense this season. Gruden will “start” those guys for the game and then use Hall and DRC as our starters majority of the rest of the game. This is the biggest eye opener. Leon Hall and DRC have probably been the worst two corners in the league. 

3) Speculation, but I feel he purposely doesn’t get Cooper involved in the offense. 

Can never fully prove a tank job but it looks pretty obvious to me IMO. 

He can basically get Nick Bosa, a cheap Mack for 5 years, with the #1 pick. And this roster is terrible, even when we had Mack,  and needs good draft position. 

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Idk but there was a Radier fan out here who 

said if you removed Carr’s 8 INTs he’ll be in the MVP running. I could not believe what he/she said. 

Oh that's BayRaider. He's like clockwork. An hour later he was saying how disgusted he was to be a fan, then created this "theyre clearly tanking" thread. 

On 10/14/2018 at 12:51 PM, BayRaider said:

What I mean by this is, this is the most obvious case of tanking since the #Suck4Luck campaign in 2011 where the Colts started Curtis Painter all year knowing they aren’t going to win. 

Not true. Kerry Collins was signed and started the first 3 games, he also got hurt and went on IR. 

The problem in 2011 was that Dan Orlovsky was backing up Painter and should’ve  been given a chance before Painter.  Orlovsky won our only 2 games that season. (Week 15+16) 

On 10/14/2018 at 12:51 PM, BayRaider said:

1) Gruden knows if he goes 2-14 he is completely safe. No way he gets fired until after the 5th season, at a bare minimum

Not to sound snarky, but no one thinks otherwise. He probably has the most "safe" job in the NFL right now. 10 years 100 million. Doesn't matter if he went 0-32...that still wouldn't put him in the hot seat.

There's no real reason to tank this year. No Manning or Luck or whoever else has been the outstanding prospect coming out that would make sense to tank for.

I'm not buying it. The Raiders suck because Jon Gruden has come in and proven everyone correct who thought he was a dinosaur. An egomaniac whose schemes don't work, who makes illogical personnel decisions and who is too stubborn to change things when they're going wrong.

16 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

There's no real reason to tank this year. No Manning or Luck or whoever else has been the outstanding prospect coming out that would make sense to tank for.

I'm not buying it. The Raiders suck because Jon Gruden has come in and proven everyone correct who thought he was a dinosaur. An egomaniac whose schemes don't work, who makes illogical personnel decisions and who is too stubborn to change things when they're going wrong.

His schemes work just fine, number six in yards per game. The problem isn’t the coaching, it’s the talent. This was a Bottom 2 Roster heading into the season WITH Mack. It needs to be blown up. 

16 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

No one raider fan wants to hear the truth though.

BUT PREACH BROTHER HALLELUJAH 

Archived