Hi! Introduce yourself to the Colts forum

PFM18

Hey,

Couldn't see a introduction thread so thought I would create one to introduce myself.

I'll start off by saying that although the Colts were the first team I followed, I do now follow two NFL teams. The Indianapolis Colts and the Denver Broncos.  

This is all due to one man, the sheriff himself.

I first got into the NFL back in 2000. Being from the UK there was no obvious team to follow, so I did what most people do to find a team and watched a few games to see if any players or any teams stood out. That's when I discovered Peyton Manning. 

He was and is the greatest player I've seen play. That's just my opinion. I know other QB's have had more success and better playoff success but to me he was the greatest. Hence I became a Colts fan. 

Now of course in his mind he probably thought he'd spend his whole career at Indy and be a one team man. Of course we all know that didn't happen and he moved on to Denver. It turned out to be a great move for him but of course it was also a sad day in Indy. 

When he moved to Denver I was split as my favourite player had left the team I had supported for 12 years. I couldn't bring myself to choose so decided to support both the Colts and the Broncos and still do to this day. I have had the pleasure of visiting both Lucas Oil and Mile High Stadiums on trips to America and had the opportunity to meet many great Indy/Denver fans and hope to do the same here.

Just thought I should explain why I follow two teams and hope that this will not cause any issues. As far as I am aware there is no deep seated rivalry between the two teams and hope we can have a good time discussing football and watching the Colts achieve success once again. 

(P.S. I do know they play each other on TNF Week 15. It's the only game I remain neutral)

• Like 4

Welcome @PFM18 glad to have you aboard. And don't worry about the 2 team thing. I'm a Colt's fan who grew up in Packer country so I know the feeling 

name: Mike 

born in: Milwaukee, WI

lives in: Oak Creek, WI

favorite current Colt: tied Henry Anderson and Andrew Luck 

all time favorite Colt: Peyton Manning

favorite non Colt : Brett Favre 

favorite Colt's moment: SB XLI

Other favorite teams: Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Milwaukee Brewers and Milwaukee Bucks 

favorite band: R.E.M.

favorite TV Show: currently Game of Thrones (also 24, Sopranos, Red Dwarf Survivor and Big Brother)

16 hours ago, stallyns said:

Welcome @PFM18 glad to have you aboard. And don't worry about the 2 team thing. I'm a Colt's fan who grew up in Packer country so I know the feeling 

name: Mike 

born in: Milwaukee, WI

lives in: Oak Creek, WI

favorite current Colt: tied Henry Anderson and Andrew Luck 

all time favorite Colt: Peyton Manning

favorite non Colt : Brett Favre 

favorite Colt's moment: SB XLI

Other favorite teams: Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Milwaukee Brewers and Milwaukee Bucks 

favorite band: R.E.M.

favorite TV Show: currently Game of Thrones (also 24, Sopranos, Red Dwarf Survivor and Big Brother)

Cheers @stallyns. Great to be on board.

Name: Frazer

Born in: Keighley, UK.

Lives in: Burnley, UK.

Favourite Current Colts: Andrew Luck, Frank Gore, Donte Moncrief, Hopefully soon to be Malik Hooker.

All Time Favourite Colt: The Sheriff.

Favourite Non-Colt: Also Brett Favre. Probably the 2nd greatest QB IMO to play the game.

Favourite Colt Moment: Super Bowl and Manning's victories against New England.

Other favourite teams: Broncos, LA Lakers, Chelsea, Accrington Stanley.

Favourite Band: Whitesnake

Favourite TV Show: Too many to name. Mostly US Sitcoms.

The forum in general needs more Colts fans, welcome.  

Don't think we didn't notice you adding a "u" to "favorite" though.

-------------------

Name: Mark

Born in: Indianapolis (@PFM18 I lived in the UK for 2 years when I was younger, if I could live anywhere else it'd be there)

Lives in: Indianapolis / West Lafayette (attending Purdue University)

Favorite Current Colts: Andrew Luck, TY Hilton, Jack Doyle, Henry Anderson, Clayton Geathers

All Time Favorite Colt: Duh

Favorite Non-Colt: Ryan Kerrigan, Drew Brees

Favorite Colt Moment: 2006 AFCCG against NE, was in attendance.

Other favorite teams: Pacers, Purdue basketball and football, anyone playing the Patriots 

Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold

Favorite TV Shows: Breaking Bad, Seinfeld, Futurama, Fresh Prince

• Like 1

name: Charles 

born in: Florence Oregon

lives in: Portland Oregon

favorite current Colt: Ryan Kelly, Jack Doyle, Andrew Luck

all time favorite Colt: Robert Mathis

all time favorite old school Colt - Mike Curtis

favorite non Colt : John Randle 

favorite Colt's moment: AFCCG January 2007

Other favorite teams: Beavers, Blazers, Reds, Timbers, Chiefs

favorite bands: Deep Purple, Rage Against the Machine

favorite TV Show: I don't watch TV, I hike.

Edited by Warhorse
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello!

Just got accepted, and look forward to this experience.    :)

Name: Bruce

Born in: Evanston, IL (NW Chicago Suburb)

Lives in: Westfield, IN (North Indy Suburb) since June 2014

Favorite Current Colts: Luck, Mack, Nelson, and Leonard

All Time Favorite Colt: Unitas, Moore, Matte, Domres (okay, just kidding there), Lydell Mitchel, Joe Washington, Mad Dog.

Favorite Non-Colt: JJ Watt, Sayers

Favorite Colt Moment: '65 Western Conference Playoff Game vs. Packers. The game that made me a Colts fan

Other favorite teams: Pirates, Packers (well below Colts though). Basketball? Not a big fan, so I root for the home team (Pacers)

Favorite Band: Yes, Supertramp, Pink Floyd, J. Tull

Favorite TV Shows: Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Seinfeld, The Office

How I got here: No, not from birth. I wasn't all with it back then..... Being in Chicagoland, and despising the Bears (all Chicago Teams), and loving football, I decided to pick my favorite (no 'u') team from the Western Conference Playoff game between the Packers & Colts. The Colts lost 13 - 10, but played without Unitas, and without their back-up QB (Cuozzo), so Tom Matte (HB) played QB for them. It was a great game to watch (foggy/hazy throughout), and I was so impressed the Colts could have won that game, basically without a QB, and that was it. Packers became my second, mainly because Bears fans hated them so....

I knew chances of seeing them play were slim (Bears games are always sold out), but when they moved to Indy, I didn't even need a long weekend to get there, and back for work on Monday, so we attended a game every year, or two, until the early '90s. The first time we (wife & I) went to Indy, we fell in love with it, and wanted to move there one day. Problem was, I'm (was) a custom's broker, and that's not a very big profession there. 

In '10, I took a job peripheral to that profession, where I could work from home. In '14 I asked, and learned that they didn't care where I lived, as long as I had internet access (so, anywhere), and we made the move, which is another long story that's of little consequence to this conversation/rant.

I look forward to talking to you all.... and more.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, buccolts said:

Hello!

Just got accepted, and look forward to this experience.    :)

Name: Bruce

Born in: Evanston, IL (NW Chicago Suburb)

Lives in: Westfield, IN (North Indy Suburb) since June 2014

I look forward to talking to you all.... and more.

Welcome @buccolts glad to have you and can’t wait to talk Colts (and some Packers 😉) 

• 3 weeks later...