PFM18

Hi! Introduce yourself to the Colts forum

PFM18    40

Hey,

Couldn't see a introduction thread so thought I would create one to introduce myself.

I'll start off by saying that although the Colts were the first team I followed, I do now follow two NFL teams. The Indianapolis Colts and the Denver Broncos.  

This is all due to one man, the sheriff himself.

I first got into the NFL back in 2000. Being from the UK there was no obvious team to follow, so I did what most people do to find a team and watched a few games to see if any players or any teams stood out. That's when I discovered Peyton Manning. 

He was and is the greatest player I've seen play. That's just my opinion. I know other QB's have had more success and better playoff success but to me he was the greatest. Hence I became a Colts fan. 

Now of course in his mind he probably thought he'd spend his whole career at Indy and be a one team man. Of course we all know that didn't happen and he moved on to Denver. It turned out to be a great move for him but of course it was also a sad day in Indy. 

When he moved to Denver I was split as my favourite player had left the team I had supported for 12 years. I couldn't bring myself to choose so decided to support both the Colts and the Broncos and still do to this day. I have had the pleasure of visiting both Lucas Oil and Mile High Stadiums on trips to America and had the opportunity to meet many great Indy/Denver fans and hope to do the same here.

Just thought I should explain why I follow two teams and hope that this will not cause any issues. As far as I am aware there is no deep seated rivalry between the two teams and hope we can have a good time discussing football and watching the Colts achieve success once again. 

(P.S. I do know they play each other on TNF Week 15. It's the only game I remain neutral)

Webmaster    198

Welcome to the forum.   Our Colts forum could use some new members.   It's a little slow in here, but @stallyns is a great mod who likes to interact with new members.   Please stick around and post often!

PFM18    40

Thanks for the welcome. Certainly planning on sticking around and contributing. 

stallyns    44

Welcome @PFM18 glad to have you aboard. And don't worry about the 2 team thing. I'm a Colt's fan who grew up in Packer country so I know the feeling 

name: Mike 

born in: Milwaukee, WI

lives in: Oak Creek, WI

favorite current Colt: tied Henry Anderson and Andrew Luck 

all time favorite Colt: Peyton Manning

favorite non Colt : Brett Favre 

favorite Colt's moment: SB XLI

Other favorite teams: Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Milwaukee Brewers and Milwaukee Bucks 

favorite band: R.E.M.

favorite TV Show: currently Game of Thrones (also 24, Sopranos, Red Dwarf Survivor and Big Brother)

PFM18    40
16 hours ago, stallyns said:

Welcome @PFM18 glad to have you aboard. And don't worry about the 2 team thing. I'm a Colt's fan who grew up in Packer country so I know the feeling 

name: Mike 

born in: Milwaukee, WI

lives in: Oak Creek, WI

favorite current Colt: tied Henry Anderson and Andrew Luck 

all time favorite Colt: Peyton Manning

favorite non Colt : Brett Favre 

favorite Colt's moment: SB XLI

Other favorite teams: Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Milwaukee Brewers and Milwaukee Bucks 

favorite band: R.E.M.

favorite TV Show: currently Game of Thrones (also 24, Sopranos, Red Dwarf Survivor and Big Brother)

Cheers @stallyns. Great to be on board.

Name: Frazer

Born in: Keighley, UK.

Lives in: Burnley, UK.

Favourite Current Colts: Andrew Luck, Frank Gore, Donte Moncrief, Hopefully soon to be Malik Hooker.

All Time Favourite Colt: The Sheriff.

Favourite Non-Colt: Also Brett Favre. Probably the 2nd greatest QB IMO to play the game.

Favourite Colt Moment: Super Bowl and Manning's victories against New England.

Other favourite teams: Broncos, LA Lakers, Chelsea, Accrington Stanley.

Favourite Band: Whitesnake

Favourite TV Show: Too many to name. Mostly US Sitcoms.

bananabucket    21

The forum in general needs more Colts fans, welcome.  

Don't think we didn't notice you adding a "u" to "favorite" though.

-------------------

Name: Mark

Born in: Indianapolis (@PFM18 I lived in the UK for 2 years when I was younger, if I could live anywhere else it'd be there)

Lives in: Indianapolis / West Lafayette (attending Purdue University)

Favorite Current Colts: Andrew Luck, TY Hilton, Jack Doyle, Henry Anderson, Clayton Geathers

All Time Favorite Colt: Duh

Favorite Non-Colt: Ryan Kerrigan, Drew Brees

Favorite Colt Moment: 2006 AFCCG against NE, was in attendance.

Other favorite teams: Pacers, Purdue basketball and football, anyone playing the Patriots 

Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold

Favorite TV Shows: Breaking Bad, Seinfeld, Futurama, Fresh Prince

Warhorse    9

name: Charles 

born in: Florence Oregon

lives in: Portland Oregon

favorite current Colt: Frank Gore

all time favorite Colt: Robert Mathis

favorite non Colt : John Randle 

favorite Colt's moment: AFCCG January 2007

Other favorite teams: Beavers, Blazers, Reds, Timbers, Chiefs

favorite band: Deep Purple

favorite TV Show: I don't watch TV, I hike.