GB's and Clappers: Jags at Dallas

HDsportsfan

42 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Teams typically don't pay their third linebackers $7M, and some of our young players are going to cost a fortune to retain. Moreover, the guy just can't stay healthy. It's time to move on (next year, that is)

i guess I should have stated that a re-worked contact which I believe Lee would do.

48 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:
1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

Teams typically don't pay their third linebackers $7M, and some of our young players are going to cost a fortune to retain. Moreover, the guy just can't stay healthy. It's time to move on (next year, that is)

i guess I should have stated that a re-worked contact which I believe Lee would do.

I would either extend Lee or attempt to trade him. But would really prefer to extend him. Take his 1yr 7M to a 3yr ~$15m contract. Probably fully GTD if need be. 

LB get hurt at a high rate. And Lee is worth that to ensure us always having at least 2 stud LBs on the field for the next 3 years. 

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch are playing so well that it's almost like they're being taken for granted. They have been an utterly outstanding linebacker tandem.

They were outstanding today. If Glass Joe can ever get back on the field, I’d like to see how the three of them would play together.

GB.  Dak. Beasley.  Maher Front 7 Jones 

clapper:  I got nothing.  Guess I need to rewatch the game and the TD drive we gave up to find something to say add as HM

on a side note. I know for years it has been  a given that you don’t draft or spend on a kicker and generally they are replaceable.  I was changing my mind the last few years  with Bailey but man Maher is making me rethink that especially As Bailey was driving me crazy with short kicks leading to kick returns in critical moments of the game

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

They were outstanding today. If Glass Joe can ever get back on the field, I’d like to see how the three of them would play together.

I dunno. Typically teams play with just two backers nowadays. Maybe you use a rotation to keep them fresh, but Jaylon and LVE seem to have energy and explosion for days. Moreover, they legitimately seem to feed off of each other. They just keep getting better and there's absolutely a confidence/swagger element to it.

Absurd as it seems to bench the long-time lynchpin of our defense, I just don't how you split those two up with what they're doing right now.

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I would either extend Lee or attempt to trade him. But would really prefer to extend him. Take his 1yr 7M to a 3yr ~$15m contract. Probably fully GTD if need be. 

LB get hurt at a high rate. And Lee is worth that to ensure us always having at least 2 stud LBs on the field for the next 3 years. 

exactly my thoughts. 

4 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I think it's pretty simple. Thanks for everything Sean. You can stay for half the money owed or retire and join coaching staff or find a new home. 

I'm sure that's what'll happen in the offseason, but as far as this season goes, it's a lot trickier. Could try some more 3-3-5 looks, think I saw us using some of those before Joe Thomas got hurt. I guess it's a good problem to have, but I certainly don't think 43 fronts against 11 personnel is the answer.

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Aren't the Cowboys pretty well off "cap wise" next year? we are treating Lee like "must make room" cap casualty. Lee is just too good to just let ride of into the sunset.

In the meantime Lee should be back after the bye week. Does he start again? and for who??

Why pay a guy $7m/yr to miss 1/3 of the games?

He gets the Romo treatment...LVE is the hot hand. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Why pay a guy $7m/yr to miss 1/3 of the games?

He gets the Romo treatment...LVE is the hot hand. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

I get that, but Football does employ 3 LBs most of the time. and like Matts said, having at least 2 on the field all times is a good thing. 

Either way, I am on the side of keeping Lee (cheaper if possible)

27 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I think it's pretty simple. Thanks for everything Sean. You can stay for half the money owed or retire and join coaching staff or find a new home. 

There wont be a better FA available for ~$5-8M a year than Lee. Hitchens got ~$8m a year. 

I disagree. He is worth the money. 

9 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I get that, but Football does employ 3 LBs most of the time. and like Matts said, having at least 2 on the field all times is a good thing. 

Either way, I am on the side of keeping Lee (cheaper if possible)

Dallas uses 2 LBs about 75% of the time anymore. 

Archived