muncher

ben saves tomlin

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

Nothing better than closeted racism...

I know so many people in northern WV who liked the Steelers under Cowher but just really immediately disliked Tomlin for some unknown reason.

anyone that thinks that conner was down at the 1 yard line(where they spotted the ball) and supports tomlin for not challenging it doesnt have a clue about situational football. 

although it was across the goal line, worst case would have been at the 6 inch line. 

not to challenge a potential TD in that spot is retarded.  

just because you F'ed up the previous challenge shouldnt make challenging another one  not an option.

dot give me 'they should have been able to score from the 1 any ways.' just look what happened in  miami

tomlin had the team prepared today (for a change) but seriously dodged a bullet.

there is a reason every talking head is commenting on his screw up.its because he choked

18 minutes ago, muncher said:

anyone that thinks that conner was down at the 1 yard line(where they spotted the ball) and supports tomlin for not challenging it doesnt have a clue about situational football. 

although it was across the goal line, worst case would have been at the 6 inch line. 

not to challenge a potential TD in that spot is retarded.  

just because you F'ed up the previous challenge shouldnt make challenging another one  not an option.

dot give me 'they should have been able to score from the 1 any ways.' just look what happened in  miami

tomlin had the team prepared today (for a change) but seriously dodged a bullet.

Congrats on ignoring all the situations going on what was going on.  Your hate is showing.

there is a reason every talking head is commenting on his screw up.its because he choked

Proof of this? I've been up since 5 am and haven't seen 1 person say this.  Mostly they are ignoring it and making a bigger deal of the Juju non-td.

9 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Tommy Boy was about as bad as ever today.  That challenge was completely asinine.  The failure to challenge the 2nd one, because of the asinine failure wasting a challenge and a timeout, was the result.  Both were stupid.  Typical Tommy Boy crap.  Ben has carried him his entire career.  The poster boy of the Rooney Rule is a joke.  Always has been.  Always will be.  Nothing but a cheerleader and a political statement.  Not what you want at HC of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Yes, the coach that has a winning record WITHOUT Ben (starting some pretty terrible backups at times) is obviously trash because the team is better with a top end QB...

4 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Well since he said it, is he really in the closet?

Not challenging the Conner TD after not getting the Switzer call earlier wasn't super terrible of a decision, but the initial challenge to begin with wasn't good.

edit: ^ not to mention calling a 46 year old black man "boy"

Edited by Bobikus

20 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Not so. The Steelers had already interviewed Ron Rivera which "satisfied" the Rooney Rule conditions. The other candidates were The Whiz and Russ Grimm. Are you suggesting that any of those 3 would have been irrefutably better then Tomlin?  

You know damn good and well the Steelers weren't going to just interview a minority.  They were going to hire one.  No matter what.  Otherwise it would look like their pet rule didn't work.  Nothing is irrefutable, but I do believe Whiz would've been a lot better with this roster.  The way it was, he took an inferior team and if not for Harrison freelancing leading to a pick-6, and Ben making 2 clutch throws (1 was dropped, the other caught, which led to Holmes getting MVP), Whiz would've beaten the superior team.  

14 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Nothing racist about it.  I couldn't stand him when he was the Vikings' DC either.  I preferred both Ted Cottrell and Leslie Frazier's defenses and them, to him.  Last time I checked, they were all black.  I have just always hated the way he coached and the schemes he used.  Nothing good about the guy, except he doesn't get arrested or in trouble.  Never has been, never will be.  

2 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Nothing racist about it.  I couldn't stand him when he was the Vikings' DC either.  I preferred both Ted Cottrell and Leslie Frazier's defenses and them, to him.  Last time I checked, they were all black.  I have just always hated the way he coached and the schemes he used.  Nothing good about the guy, except he doesn't get arrested or in trouble.  Never has been, never will be.  

Sure you did. There was no reason to bring the Rooney Rule into the conversation, especially since, as others have stated, your understanding of him getting the interview due to that was 100% wrong.

You know damn good and well the Steelers weren't going to just interview a minority.  They were going to hire one.  No matter what.  Otherwise it would look like their pet rule didn't work.  Nothing is irrefutable, but I do believe Whiz would've been a lot better with this roster.  The way it was, he took an inferior team and if not for Harrison freelancing leading to a pick-6, and Ben making 2 clutch throws (1 was dropped, the other caught, which led to Holmes getting MVP), Whiz would've beaten the superior team.  

And where is Ken Whisenhunt now? Oh, that's right, he's a coordinator again after a second failed stint as a head coach.

First of all, on Ken Whisenhunt. Even as an OC in Pittsburgh he failed plenty. He was a gadget play guy and as an HC he was exactly that. The closest he ever got to success was going to the SB against us and that, imo, had far more to do with the talent on the roster than the coach leading them (btw, he failed then too).

This bit about Tomlin being black and thats the only reason he was hired, because of the rooney rule? Had he been the first ever black HC, MAYBE youd have a point, but he wasnt and further more, give our owners some credit, they have far more integrity than that.

2 times this season Tomlin has stupidly challenged field position and failed. He hasnt been the best at clock management but this season I also dont feel like this team is playing down to opponents, one of our biggest criticisms of the Tomlin era. 

He isnt the best coach in the league, he isnt one of the worst 25 either. 

The problem with our staff is our defensive coordinator and lets not pretend like Ben has been playing like a Hall of fame quarterback this season.

That's not what you said. You claimed Tomlin was only hired because of the Rooney Rule. The fact that another minority was interviewed clearly shows he beat out at least one (Rivera) other candidate. You believe Whiz would have been better. Even in hindsight that isn't clear (I disagree btw). So how could it have been so obvious during the interview process?  You got emotional and and made some ignorant comments about why Tomlin got hired. Own it and move on. 

Like the rest of those Boys. Right?

The team has underachieved over and over under him.  The discipline has gotten progressively worse every season.  That starts at the top.  He is consistently outcoached.  He has absolutely no business being the HC of the Pittsburgh Steelers.  He's more suitable to coach the Cleveland Clowns if anything in the NFL.  I stand by every single thing I've said about him.